Growing - in a lizard cage?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Gadzala, Feb 22, 2011.

1. So I've never grown before and I wanted to know if it was possible to grow inside a lizard cage, I have the UV and heat lamps from a previous lizard that I had so I just need to buy new bulbs, my plan is too buy the lizard along with some other vegetation (cactus, some weeds, maybe a banzai tree if I can find one haha) and then eventually grow a marijuana plant inside of there.

I wasn't thinking of growing the entire plant there because it would obviously get too tall, so I would eventually transplant it to a new spot once it became stable.

Just wondering if this would be possible, and if so what precautions should I take, I've been planing on getting a Chameleon and I'm pretty sure they only eat bugs so it should've be a problem for the plant I'm just worried there might be something I'm overlooking.

2. This is a pretty cool idea, I used to have an iguana. It passed away though :/

3. salmonella would be something to keep in mind.

4. i mean... Chris Tucker did it on Friday. :p

5. what you're talking about is adding a few plants to a terrarium for their veg cycle? honestly i think this is a good idea.... depending on the lizard chosen (gecko's and iguana's do well at around 50% humidity. 1 concern that i do have are temps.... most lizards like between 80-90f.. so you might want to go with an equatorial strain, (landraces *some sativa's* do well in fairly high temps) if you decide to go with this grow i will deffinately watch this journal.

6. Why? the person is just going to stick a seedling in a iguana box and watch it veg for 2 weeks before removing to flower?

nothing to see.

7. i think you're wrong about this. depending on the size of the "cage" you could grow a strain from either seed or clone, something like a dwarf lowrider. which you could just basically just plant it and let it go for 3-4 months until it flowers on its own... its really no different then aquaponics,

8. the UV light is not the right spectrum of light to grow marijuana

9. you wouldnt need heat lamps... you would swap out to cfl or other supplimental lighting to obtain the temperature's that both the plant and reptile can survive.