growing in a garage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james60504, Apr 7, 2004.

1. I am planning a scrog grow, with hydro dwc. I will have a 400w HPS in an area 3.5 ft wide/3 ft deep/3.5ft high w/4 plants. I plan on having a fan circulate air across the plants plus an exhaust fun for smell. So there should be some realy good ciculation. My question is would this be possible in a garage during the summer (end of May-July). With the amount of circulation I have would humidity be a problem. I have DP white widow and Blueberry.

2. Hey, James!
    It is a little annoying to some when a newbie is obviously not doing their homework. We're not shining you on, but I just have to tell you this: Even if you have the finest seed, the most incredible of ferts, a healthy 40W/ft2, the latest in DWC equipment(a mistake for your setup, IMHO), and every advantage in meters/testers, you will not automatically grow great pot. If you would use the search, as suggested, and/or go read the stickies/FAQs and follow the interesting links suggested, you would begin to protect your investment. If you don't do as you should, you may waste a lot of money/supplies, and be very pissed, and bummed. Have you ever grow anything in hydro? Or soil for that matter? If not, wrap your seeds well, and put them in the fridge door for now.
    As for the garage in summer, it largely depends on your location. If you live in a warmish climate, but you are well shaded on the North slope, and can put the box against the North wall, it might work, providing the temp doesn't rise above 80'F during the light. However, even if you live in a cooler clime, but on the South slope, and must use southwall etc. Same about Maximum temp.
    L8R, M8E, earth girl says, "Welcome!" ({8^D If you're of age. Go to your room if you're not...)

3. Barring what EarthGirl said...

In theory, yes, I believe it would work. The humidity shouldn't be a problem due to the large area of the garage. One thing that may become a problem, though, is security. With a 400w light in a garage, you'll have to be extra careful about sealing up any light leaks A.S.A.P.

~Lycanthropy

4. Thanks alot, that ties up all my lose ends. wish me luck.

5. Ok,good luck.
    laters jay.