growing in a fridge

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fluffy69, Nov 27, 2012.

1. #1 fluffy69, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    ok guys so heres my idea, i have this mini fridge, sits in my closet, i can set up lights and theres a fair amount of space, if i turned the fridge on would that be helpful? i figure it would keep it colder but would also maybe move and filter the air a bit? good idea or bad idea?

2. basic idea

Attached Files:

3. The seal on the fridge would turn it into an oven and you'd need to do some serious cutting to figure out venting issues. Plants need fresh air not just cool air.

If you could figure it out though, not a bad stealth idea.

4. You'll need an intake and exhaust vent, should work fine but you'll need to train the hell out if something to fit. Fresh air!!

5. leaving it kinda cracked and closing the closet door (for light reasons) seems to be doing the trick after running for a few hours. kinda warm but not too bad. fridge also is not plugged in i might add.

kind of a shitty solution but hey i'll still have a working mini fridge when i leave ha

6. i got two bagseed super lemon haze about 5 days old each suprised they lasted and are looking as good as they are :hello: glad to finaly have a proper box for them

7. the plants will die if they dont have ventilation.

my plants did great sitting on my basement floor, but then i had to move them into a small closet under my stairs for security issues, and even when i cracked the door, it got too hot, stagnant and killed off one of my plants.

that was a terrible place for them, so i put them in my closet, and even with keeping the doors slightly open, it still got too hot. i put a small fan in there and it solved my issue. i dont even have to crack the door really anymore, just enough to let some air escape/circulate

8. oh god i think i killed them. left the system up overnight plants under the light, right under it and they both look drie and dead. maybe i can salvage one but does not look like :'(

9. Lets see a picture. My plant did the same thing, but the stem was still moist so it may have healed. I was stupid through and threw it away before giving it a chance. Give it good conditions like i stated above and lmk what happens

10. #10 fluffy69, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    this is what they look like now. looks safe to say one probably wont make it :/

although maybe i put the light too close?

Attached Files:

11. find a better spot, and put the cfl right above each glass. get a small fan and point the fan at the lights.

dont water, the water looks wet enough right now

12. Thing is fucked on many levels. Since it was just bag seed I'd just wait till you find new quality seeds then re-germ and retry. No real point in putting extra effort into plants that you can replace without much stress.

Add more perlite to your soil. Use solo cups instead of the bottom of bottles (Clear pots lead to root issues). Add more soil to the cups. Keep temps in line.

AZ

13. lots of good advice man thanks. im not stressing on the bag seeds, just trying to figure out a way to make it work somehow. i think ill just build a pc case use something else that i dont mind tearing into to install fans on

14. what if i switched to LED lights? think that would help heat?

15. I think you should just find a better place to grow. That one doesn't work. It cooks your plants