Growing in a forest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vaint, Jun 8, 2010.

1. I dont know the first thing about growing but, im willing to try it(tired of spending my money on weed) I have a small forest behind my house and I was wondering what I could make of it?

2. Look behind your house is a good idea if
    A. No one goes back there(they could step on there)
    B. Neighbors can see you walk back there holding shit which isnt good.(Call police)
    C. Wild animals(eat plant)
    D. Bugs(destroy plants)

Sorry to bust your balls but thats what it is. I thought about growing in a forest eh. only works if you have a few acres

3. #4 mrbob_58, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    dont plant near evergreens. the needles make the soil very acidic. try and use a clearing in the forest and space your plants out. we stayed about 100 feet apart for each plant. less chance they will all be discovered. trees make good cover for your grow , but you would be better in a weed field where the trees cant infulence the soil or the amount of sun. if you can find a clearing surrouneded by trees you have the best of both worlds.

4. The forest is behind my house but there are atleast two other houses in which they can spot me. Ive seen bears, racoons and coyotes. I would assume there are bugs.

So I probably wont start growing. Anyways, thanks for your advice GC.

5. #6 mrbob_58, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    deer and rabbits do more damage than bears.