Growing in a closet.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TraeN.ReK, Mar 21, 2009.

1. I really want to start growing my own stuff but there is a slight problem: I have two room mates that don't smoke and would most likely be quite offended if they found out there was a plant growing in their apartment. Would it even be possible to keep the smell from leaking into their areas of the house and if so how would I go about doing this? Also, I have been reading some growing guides and I've noticed the importance of keeping proper ventilation and humidity but I don't understand how this can be accomplished from within a closet, please explain. Thanks in advance! :smoking:

2. The smell matter of this is pretty easily solved and that is by a carbon filter. One thing to remember though is if the fan that is powering the filter isn't running the smell can escape via inlets. To regulate temperature the idea is to pull cool outside air into the closet but then exhaust the warmer air that collects at the top out of the growing area into your attic or another room completly. For example I run all of my exhaust into a 4" hole I cut into the wall of my closet. All of the hot air is then pushed out and up into my attic. Something to remeber with temperature control is that the outside air being pulled in is a big factor if that air is warm then your grow will be warm. As far as humidity it is like controlling it in any other room of your house. There are many ways like humidifers/dehumidifers or you can use moist towels or buckets of water into the area to raise it. Also remember that the outside air being pulled again has a lot to do with humidity. As far as your room mates I'd reccomened talking with them about it because it will be hard for them not to find out as they live there you know? For real I tried sneaking it by my room mate and one day I just had to tell and he took it well just voiced his concerns.

3. You are not in a position to grow in your pad. Very uncool to grow with other people unaware of what you are doing, you are putting them at risk and you should not thrust risk onto others without their knowledge/consent. That's a moot point anyway because you will never get away with it -- there are certain smells, noises, and activities associated with an indoor MJ grow that you just never will keep from them noticing. Wait until you have your own place.

4. Exactly to the tee.. its really hard to hide the sound of a beefy inline fan and sneaking large bags of soil in. Its just to tough