Growing in a closet. With Pics! Nice closet idea...[many pics]

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by h4rk4t, Apr 16, 2006.

1. alright thanks alot man

2. just doin my job also where in the same boat and remember when growing out your parents house try not to sell and have as few freinds as possible the less activity the better

3. lol i need my friends...dunno if i'd give them up, but dotn worry im like the msot inosent looking person know one ever would know haha....oh and i picked up a in-line duct fan today from home depot..it was 30$ and is 6"....but i "ACIDENTALLY' *wink* left it on the bottom of the cart and 'found it' when i got to my car....haha....so ya....should that be ok to use? its is used for like duct ventalation w/e its all called....

4. I would rethink your plans, Have to be thinking at least 3-6months down and your clothes, it does not matter if they are in a seperate section, your whole room will smell, smell really strong..

Fans, are easy to hook up, and don't use batteries just plug them in and geta transformer...

you are going to have problems with
    Heat
    Smell - (out of all this is your main issue I would say)
    Lighting issues
    expanding or getting the first to even be successfull.
    ionizers, unless you have some really good ones to commerical grade = $$$

5. im glad to say it has been 4-6 months down the line...the ionizers are doing their job AT KILLING THE SMELL, and my ozone generator is making sure ALL the smell is gone outside the closet sooooo its going good...i have another room going on now though for flowering...flowered just 2 weeks ago actually....well harvested...went all the way from seed to harvest 2 weeks ago so ya...pretty good i think and now its jsut a closet for vegging...

6. and im reading back on my posts.....wow 4 months ago i really sounded like a douche bag...wholy shit i have changgged.

7. If My kids were growing weed in my house i'd want to know. as its THEM who's going to jail, not you... I'd just think about it. Sorry to be a kill-joy, But you can either listen to me, or ignore me. Its up to you. Like i say, i aint trying to be a boring dick.

8. yeah except for one - im not a kid
    two - its only my dad and he tokes with me
    three.....this post is reallllly old was jsut saying that on it to kinda stop ppl from sending me pm's......everything has changed alot since april which is what 5 months ago?

im not trying to come off as like pissed lol....just dont wantcha thinkin im a kido

9. so what was your yield? Did it ever smell like shit? Total cost of the entire operation, and would you do it again?

10. well since this one was just an expierament for indoors in a closet.....i tried using some outdoor techniques i like alot likee LST....and fimming....and was only able to keep one plant in the closet without over crouding it...it was 17 ounces about, plus i turned all the leaves into hash with some silk screen bags i made with a 90 micron, 100 micron, 110, 130, and 150 micron screens....got a few grams worth with that.....and yes it did start stinking up my room at a point but that was onlyyy because humidity was to high in my room and the closet so i just turned on the AC and stuck a fan in my window to keep it dry and that fixed it....the ionizer though took out quite a bit untill i got an ozone generator which cost me 140$ and worked like a DREAM! EVERY smell was out haha it smelt soooo good like rain...i guess thats what ozone smells like...at one point the clothes on the upper part of the dresser stunk justttt a litttttle bit, but thats cuz i forgot to cover the whole i drilled in the top for the light fixture so i just covered that up with duct tape..... the total cost i would say was aboutttt....lets see .....400$....but thats because of the hps i bought which i never was able to use cuz the temp got to high so i just started using fluoros...so minus the 150$ light....and add like 20$ in fluoro shit...about 270$....and yes it was well worth it i would love to do it again....but there is no need for that becuz growing outdoors i find more yielding and i have a buddys room to use at another house....so no need for a closet.....but if u dotn want to go through the stress of not having smell....probably dont try it ....unless its not a skunky plant which i found out the plant was sweet skunk i thinkkkk because it was really sweet, REALLLYYYY smelly.....buttt overall it was great.... its well worth it if u dont want to go and spend 4000$ on a pound cuz thats about what i got out of it, 'sall i need for myself.

sorry for not spacing that out/paragraphing it or anything hah to lazy right now at the moment....peace out
    h4

11. that wasnt random at allllll lol

12. You got 17oz out of that using $20 in flo lights?:eek:

13. yes, but it went through all kinds of growing conditions. from in to outside, then back in, then a little bit of my 400 watt hps every so often... but most importantly LST and FIM. those are the things that get your yield goin, especially light