Growing Idea

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Jimi001, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I want to make a box out of plywood and cover the inside with that reflective stuff and put a fluoro in every corner (8 lights, all mounted in the corner with the front facing the plants), will this be enough lighting for about 6 plants? I'm only going to grow the main cola so there's not as much wasted space. I'm probably going to make a thing to raise/lower in addition to the other lights. Can I flower them efficiently like this? How many feet wide should it be? I'm thinking about placing them in two rows of three so maybe 4x2.5x3, or is that not enough space? I think the pots will be able to be touching.. thanks for any input :)

2. fluorescents are only good enough for cloning and vegitative growth in young plants
    unless you use a 2-4 200watt compact fluoros..

3. So you're telling me that 336+watts will not be enough to flower 4-6 plants (with the cola only)...?

4. you might be able to get enough lumens to achieve a low level of photosynthisis
    but thats about it
    each 40watt bulb only gives off so many
    where as 1 200 watt bulb will give off tripple the amount of lumins as 5 40 watt bulbs
    see what im sayin?

5. EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNG WRONG.

Hey guy!
    For flowering use soft white CFL's, the rule of thumb with CFL's is atleast 100w
    and 30 additional watts for each additional plant. They won't be the biggest
    but will yeild some quality smoke! Go to 'Indoor growing' and read the CFL thread.
    good luck :wave:

6. What te f-ck kind of comment is that?????/
    first off, you gotta wait 2 months or more for some nice ripe shit
    second, youre prolly only gonna get like hardly anything at all,
    the cost to grow it would prolly be higher than to go out and buy it...

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNG NICE TRY THOUGH
    -rep for you for giving bad advice:cool:

7. E Z now "Suspect"......CFL's and LEDs are the way of the future of growing....:D
    I remember when .....anyone that grew under any less than a 1000 watt HPS was thought to produce "Inferior Bud".....now look at all 250s,400s,600s

Mini Boxes with CFLs allow the "Apartment Dweller" to learn how to grow some smoke.....without spending 100's on stuff :)

Now with that said ....
    In the hands of an expert grower....you do not need to reproduce the sun in the house ...to grow a jar fulla some lovely nuggets .......I use 6,730 lumens per square foot of CFL's and my girlz luv it .....thats 27 plants in 2sq feet producing over 3/4 oz per week under 5 - 42 watt CFL's
    Have a look a some of my pics they are around :wave:

28 miles from the closest power outlet.....lol

Now are ya' gonna say " Ya' can't grow good weed with batteries " Too?

8. I never said you couldnt grow good weed with fluoro's,
    I just think its a waste of time with producing such small amounts.....
    i smoke 1/8-1/4 per day so that just wouldnt work for me,
    as for growing with batteries...people used to say they couldnt power a car so
    im sure a system could be put into place to run a couple 1000's........no?

9. cfls will grow some very nice buds as the doc has proved.BUT watt for watt a hid will out perform a cfl evry time.Even the most powerful cfls don't have the intensity and the penetration of a hid of equal wattage

10. True True Brokencage BUT remember with Fluro's n CFL's You dont have the heat of the sun bakein the damn paint off your walls like I do.....lol I finally got it down to a SOMEWHAT respectable level if you call 90 degree's respectable.

11. Hey Kinky.....how big is yer' room?
    Wally World sells a $45.99 lil' swamp cooler the size of a 12 pac of beer....I laughed and pointed at it until I saw it work...I think it would drop the temp in a 12' x 12' room prolly 5-7 degrees ...if yer room can handle the humidity :)

12. Aint that the truth!!I have to keep lights out during the day as our AC cant cool the house in this hot ass weather.so Ihave to keep mine off during the day and on at night,and I only have a 600watt light!!

13. my room is 19.5' by 5' with 6 1000 watt hps--central air--5000cfm exhaust blower--
    500 cfm canfan on the central air vent in the floor--18'' wallmounted circulation fan--
    and my temp is still in and around 85-95 degrees and my plants are barely showing any signs of heat stress, other than that they look great, but i still would like to get the
    average temp down 10 degrees......:confused:
    any suggestions people????????

14. didnt u read about the swamp cooler? I bet u can get one online cheaper than that even. Buy 2 of them if it isent enough.

15. i think im gonna look into that