Growing herb on a student budget

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ants_marching, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Hello,
    This is my first post. I'm a student and looking to grow a plant (at the most two but probably one) just to cut my costs down on having to buy herb every week. I've been looking at various websites which suggest various techniques to have a successful grow. I find myself more confused than ever. As I said I'm a student so I want this to be as cheap as possible. I also don't want to increase my hydro bill drastically because i'm using 1000 watt bulbs (not to mention i'm renting my place and I don't want my landlord to find out by just looking at the hydro bill). What would you suggest? I'm hoping everyone can pool some ideas together. I understand the soil and stuff like that, but am pretty clueless as to setting up a little grow space (especially the type of light and durations). I'm in Canada, i do not know how effective it would be to grow outside (I mean it get's 30 degrees C+ here, but the weather is very unpredictable). Thanks!

And all the little ants are marching
    Red and black antennas waving
    They all do it the same
    They all do it the same way

-Ants Marching, dave matthews

2. Read the grow guids and browse the forums and you'll get a good idea of whats necisary. Growing one plant isn't practicle because it could turn out to be a male unless your planning on investing in feminized seeds. But the rest of your questions are easily answered on the front page.