Growing herb in rental house

Discussion in 'General' started by POWskier, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Im going to start renting a house and I am working on getting my green card as I have been having back problems from a bike crash I had a year ago. The thing is I want to grow my own cannabis. Experiment with grows. Nothing large scale just two maybe 3 plants growing at once. Would it be chill to set something up in my room? I feel like the landlord wouldn't go snooping around my bedroom so much especially if I get a lock on my bedroom door.

2. Don't grow weed if you live in a building that other people live in/enter. The weed will stink! It reeks in the late veg stage and the smell is tremendously strong in the budding stage. Unless you have a really good air circulation system or charcoal filters, don't do it.

3. I would probably install some ventilation system with charcoal filters. I would also start off with one bushy plant in the upper floor closet. Its a house so there are no other people to worry about other than the land lord. Should I talk to her about growing if I have a green card? I know my roommates and they are down with growing a couple plants especially if I have my green card.

4. Your roommates may be your biggest problem.
    1st rule is to tell NO ONE!
    Even if you are legal, your roomies will feel entitled to an even split even if they only watered it once!
    Or they will run their mouth and cause you to get robbed!

5. 2 people can keep a secret if one is dead..

6. I know the people I am living with and they are chill. Its medical marijuana and it will be growing in my bed room. I will probably get a lock. two of the people hardly smoke. Once or twice a month but they are ok with it if I keep it at one or two plants and get a filter to minimize the smell and I will hook it up with herb. I am sure they don't want random people breaking into the house so I will explain to them that they should keep the plants on the DL. I doubt I will get jacked. If I get jacked I get jacked I guess.But thats not going to happen.

Im gonna grow a fat bush of soil grown bud.

7. grow outdoor at least organic

8. Welcome buzz, back :smoke:

wait a minute...

9. #9 CBoddicker, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    No, absolutely positively DO NOT grow weed in a house that you rent, unless you have the prior consent of the owner/landlord. He has the right to inspect every single inch of your property at any time with advance notification. Your room, or any other location in your house will not be safe from scrunity.

It is likely there's a clause in your rental agreement that prohibits possession of drugs or other illegal activity on the property.If the landlord enters your house to make a repair or do an inspection and finds weed growing, you are up shit creek without a paddle. Make no mistake, he will get the police involved and you will be likely be facing felony charges if you get caught.

Please listen to me man. I understand you want to grow your own bud and save some money, but in a place owned by someone else is not the way to go about it.

10. Yes. Keeping your business to yourself is your best bet. But growing in a place you don't own is sketchy but still people do do it.

11. Exactamundo. The more people that know the greater risk of the landlord finding out.
    If you have an absentee landlord might be worth the risk
    The simplier the equation the easier it will bew for you to get away with it.
    2+2+4 is real simple & that works.
    But 2+2=4 -/+ any of a number of things that could derail you plans. The more parts the more risk.

GL with this:D