Growing Help Needed:

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 32alphadog, Jul 12, 2008.

1. hey guys, i need some help with a few questions, i am a complete beginner:
    Not sure this is the right place to ask the question, so i thought this topic would do the trick.
    I am only going to grow just one seed or two seeds as i dont need much of it-

1- I am going to grow them in this empty cuboard and was wondering how many watts is needed to get a successful growth?

2- Can anybody sugest some seeds that dont grow to tall, do not smell to much and are really easy to take care of.

3- Is it really important to nutrients, correct acid/alkaline soloution of water and the right soil.

i know i sound like a complete novice lol, but this going to be my first grow.

2. 1 - 100watts per plant is a good number. Probably want to use CFLs.

2 - Northern Lights #5 .. many seed banks stock this strain as it's one of the most popular .. ever.

3 - Nutes are always good, not needed* if that matters to you. Organic over chemical. pH levels .. that's tough. Personaly I water straight from the tap .. I put some airstones into the bucket overnight to oxodize the water and let the chlorine evaporate. I don't ever test it as nothing has ever shown to be wrong.

Hope this helps, good luck with your first one

* sometimes plants don't get certain things from water/soil they might need and adding nutes is usually a solution to that.

3. Well watts arent really as important as lumens, If you don't have the money for a HID light ballast and bulbs (Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium) you may want to get some compact fluorescents and try to find them with the color temperature of 5600 for vegetative stage and 2700 for flowering or as close also try to get bulbs with the most wattage and lumens
    For the seeds you should definitely go for a auto-flowering strain like lowrider, lowrider 2, or lowrider x Ak47 http://www.canaseed.com/search.aspx?search=Lowrider
    They have a super-short harvest, from seed to weed in like 8 weeks!!

4. orite, thanks guys i will take your advice and will soon crack on . . . i'l make an order soon and start growing in the summer. Also what can i use to reflect the heat iv'e heard that tin foil can work? or some pvc stuff? will i need it ?