Growing From Seed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by weed4u69, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hi every one Let Me try this again
    I have 6 plants growing from seed in a hydro system 2 of the are about 5 inch's tall and 6 weeks in the growing stage 4 plants are 4 weeks in the growing stage and are about 3 inch tall. what I have done so far is put fresh water with no nutrients for 3 days then add nutrients to 600 ppm and let run for a week did not notice any change, than went out a purchased a T28 sun blaze lamps and keep it about 8 inch's away.
    1 how tall should they have been after 4 weeks in grow from seeds ?
    2 how far should I keep this lamp from the plants
    3 what the F am i doing wrong

Need some help

2. Check your pH make sure its correct if its out of wack nutes will get locked out and your plants won't be able to absorb them. If the water too cold or too hot the same thing will happen. Look at the leaves on your plants are the edges curling up or looking dry? That could be a sign that the grow area is too hot. ....got pics?

3. ph is running 5.6 to 6.2 haven't check the temp but what should it be at will check to night on the way home and take pics

4. I like to keep water temp 60-65 any warmer I get a lot of root issues any colder and lockout can happen. Keep your room temp 70-74 and you will have happy plants my friend :)

5. What type of hydro system are you running? How often is it coming off/on? What type of nutes are you running?

In terms of grow room temps, 78-80 is probably alright, although I would love it if I could keep it at 70-74 as noted above. Unless you're running CO2, any thing above 82 and you're likely going to be putting heat stress on the plant.

My guess is that they are over watered (flooded, etc).

6. I'm using dutch master and using areoponic

7. Is this a pretty large variation?

8. I'm using those strips and estimating

9. Put them in a fully built organic soil and see how easy itisto grow plants without chemicalsand extra equipment that can fail.

10. I have tried that but the taste isn't the same not good at the soil thing

11. What, must be some confusion. :(:eek::devious:

PW

12. Soil is the way my man. I started as a hydro grower but converted. I get better looking, tasting, smelling buds! Plus I know I'm not smoking a bunch of chemicals. Takes a bit longer but its so worth it!

13. how do get rid of the earthy taste tried it in my back yard in a pot but just didn't taste the same

14. No bud will ever be of better qualitythen a properlygrown100 percent organicsoil grown budsorry man hydro cannot ever hope to achieve that. Its factual science.

15. Probablythe strain bro somestrains have those earthy undertones noneofmybud tastes likesoil just pure clean tasty nugget.

16. i have gone both ways the same plant at the same time one in soil and the other in hydro white widow

17. Work on your soil recipe, look up sub cools super soil recipe, that's where I started when I first got into soil.

18. thank you ill check it out

19. I'm still add or change something every grow to see if I can improve my results

20. thanks bud