Growing from Seed help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DerekCA, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sup, I'm getting some tahoe og or deadhead og seeds from cali connection ive grown b4 but im wondering is it good to use cfls to sprout the plant and veg it for awhile or should i just go 12/12 with my 600hps? thanks.

2. yeah it is fine to veg them under cfl's. you could even veg them for a while under the 600W HPS at 18/6. Definitely give them some veg time though.

3. stay with CFL's for veg...HPS during veg causes too much stretch, the heat of the HPS makes you place it too far from seedlings and the seedlings will stretch til they hit what they consider a comfortable distance..causing week,skinny stems that requior supports..if they make it..CFL's can be placed very close minimizing this stretch providing a much stronger,healthier plant for the veg cycle and 12/12 flip...i speak from experience..i have 3 supported now due to this!!! good luck..and CFL's are MUCH cheaper on energy bill for that time...

Attached Files:

4. not arguing here but mine do not stretch like you described(see link) and they have been vegging under a HPS. Nor do they have weak stalks. True heat can be an issue but if you have the proper setup it is not. If you have a veg room setup with proper CFL lighting I 100% agree with buddogmutt. But if you have a couple CFl's laying around your house and it is not setup properly or do not have enough of them you best bet is to go with the HPS just control your heat, and they will be fine.

I normally veg under a 400W MH, but now that my veg room is under construction I had to use the HPS in the flower room and I have seen no ill effect.

5. considering he mentioned nothing of his setup too assume anything(like his setup is on point) leeds to potentialy inaccurate info...based on the info(having no HPS veg experience) cfl's are the best answer...

6. mixed you sound way more experienced then the person asking the question..NO OFFENCE TO POST... I only say that to say you or i wouldnt even have to post this question which tells you the experience level...and if you've never veg'd with a HPS i wouldnt learn how on seeds i had to pay for...if they're not feminized seeds even less plants to work with(with the male potentials in seeds)..grow your $eed$...clip clones(free)then experiment..vegging with an HPS is tricky..thats why we use MH in veg..minimize stretch and heat...the only advantages MH has over HPS in veg due to color spectrum provided by MH...

7. #7 Mixted, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    like I said I am not arguing your point just giving more viable options. based on what you said we have no knowledge of his setup aside from the 600W HPS light. I just like to assume that if you planted seeds your environment is up and running smoothly, otherwise in my opinion you should not be planting seeds.

@OP: Good luck!

Inappropriate

8. here we go...the info i gave in the begining mentioned nothing of the info you provided.(like i'm supposed to)...you spoke directly at the info i provided for whatever reason and because i explained where my info derived you attempt to cast me in sum other light? really?..

"If you want to be the sole information provider for them so be it. I really does not affect what my plants look like at all".....How can you make this statement and you came in speaking directly on the info i gave...PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!! AND WE WOULDNT BE HERE!!!

9. I am actually doing a side by side with hps, and t5 for veg. No real noticeable difference, but like you guys said, I got my shit dialed in. I put my 400 hps just as close as my t5.

10. your quick, I edited all that out just as soon as I posted it. I know when I am being a bitch about things that's why I reread and edited. not trying to be hostile in anyway and am man enough to admit my mistakes, and in this instance my comment to you was wrong and uncalled for.

11. i see you took out the quote i spoke on...and flooded me with likes....fake people...get real!!! you should be ashamed of your self...lol.. i've seen it all now...

12. #12 Mixted, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011

Nice, I will go ahead and retract my apology now and exchange it with a big Fuck you!

13. Can't we all just get along? Chill you guys. No need for the hostility over a question about lighting.

14. i have vegged under HPS before with some clones but id rather save some $ use some CFLs for veg and then for flower switch to my HPS. Has anyone worked with deadhead or tahoe og from cali connection?