Growing for the first time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by refer madness, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Me and a good friend of mine have been thinking about growing weed in a very woody area not to for from my apartment so iam growing outdoors. Ive been doing alot of research i just read somthing that said if you dont grow during the right season or month the plant will never bud or take more than 3 months because of the lighting cycle. Is that true or a just lie? We are planing to start this weekend. One last question can i use a 3 liter coke bottle as a pot.

2. You must live where it is warm. Otherwise the cold will kill it. Yes you could start in a coke bottle.

3. no it's not a lie, and no don't start in a clear container. roots don't like light.

and why did you post this twice?

4. It's a fact that most MJ requires shortening days (lengthening nights) to produce bud. My plant last year grew from seed outside between March - October before it was ready to harvest. Cuttings taken from that plant and put outside in Oct. matured by December. Growing pot isn't all that hard, but there are some considerations that a regular gardener needs to take into account.

5. Oh btw i live in south texas

6. Joxter is right no clear pots. Also that coke bottle would be a starter pot because they need more room than that to yield anything worthwhile.