growing for the first time HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blazelord420., May 29, 2017.

1. #1 blazelord420., May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    First, I have 9 seeds 5 of which are reggie strain and the other 4 are some really loud kush.
    I have 5 soaking in a paper towel and 4 soaking in warm water. (I wanted to try both ways)
    I am honestly excited because I love to get high and what pot head doesn't want their own PLANT!??!
    I want to know what I should do, and how I should begin when they start sprouting. I know that a male plant will not produce a good quality bud. So, that means I need to pick out my males from my females?
    How do I know if my seeds are male or female? Won't male plants fertilize the females? I need tips. I need some good answers. HELP YO BOY.
    HELP.
    Also, I plan on growing them indoors and inside a desk, do I need anything besides a lamp and soil?

2. 85% chance they will end up hermis with male and female flowers and I always take a pill bottle put a peace of sand paper in it and shake lightly for 30seconds then soak in water no more than 48hrs then plant

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. Just saying if you pulled seeds and dude that grew them didn't purposely make those seeds most likely it's a hermi

4. I appreciate your reply. So, if its a hermi they will produce smokeable bud?

5. Why the sandpaper?

6. Yes smokable seed ridden hell lol and sand paper helps the seed open pores to let water in it works very well

7. How do I know if theyre hermi plants? But thx for the tip. Will anything help me grow crop with a better amount of thc? I plan on growing them inside my desk and using a lamp to pretend to be the sun. How should I go with this?

8. Ya in a deck is way too small unless your desk is as big as your bed lol I would plant them outside and just keep them watered dig a huge 4x4x4 hole and fill it back up with lose dirt plant and keep it watered you really need something like I have in the picture to grow inside does need to be as big but similar [​IMG]

9. This is my light [​IMG]

10. Wow beautiful flowers bro. Lets say I have all hermi seeds, I can only grow them in my desk which is probably 1.5 ft x 2 ft x 3 ft. Should I only grow 2 or 3 of those that sprout? How big of a pot do they need to grow individually? If I use a cup poke 5 holes at the bottom will that work?

11. Damn, I wanted to invest in a light, but will a regular lamp work? I'm trying to do this as simple as possible and as correct as possible too.

12. Yes but you'll need a ton of little bulbs look up cfl grows and you'll see what I'm taking about

13. You need 50 hard cord watts per plant so a minimum of 5 cfl bulbs at about 13 watts

14. You can grow in a cup....but your yield will be incredibly small.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You also need airflow, and if you're trying to hide smell, something to do that.

You'd be better off growing in an old computer tower than a desk drawer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's what I was trying to get at your just Gunna waste your time growing a gram or two instead of a ounce or two lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Please explain to this guy why you need 50+ watts per plant and why growing in a desk isn't worth his time unless he doesn't care that he might only get a gram or two just saying I prefer to make it worth the wait it's just now worth it without the right equipment or doing it outside would be a option too

18. So, a bigger pot will yield more? How should I hide the smell? I can see why I shouldn't use cups now thank u

19. thank u for ur answers bro

20. Yes and no if you don't have enough light your wasting your time if your grow medium isnt correct whatever you choose to use if you over or under water or have deficiency problems it's going to be frustrating please read a ton of whatever set up you could afford posts like cfls you'll need a bunch to make it worth it and you might as well clean your closet out and use it because your desk or computer is small that won't yeild much at all you need decent space my smallest plant is 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide plus a foot taller than than from my fabric pots