Growing for seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ShadowBud, Jun 10, 2009.

1. I know this isn't the desired effect, but does anyone know how to definitely produce a male plant?

I usually have the luck of producing females, but I bought a nice auto-flowering strain & want to produce more seeds for future growing (I'm nowhere near an expert at this, but know that you can't clone an auto for obvious reasons). Right now I've got 2 of my 9 seeds going through germ. w/ the wet paper towel method[should of been 10, but not complaining since it got through customs :D]. So is there anything that can be done to one to make it male?

2. I would find a good model male, one that grow with vigor and is strong, cut the top once it shows signs of male sacks, place it in a small cup with a hole for the stem, then place that in another cup containing water for the stem. It will open up in a few days to a week and give you more than enough pollen to prodcue seeds. Select a very good female and pollenate only on chosse a specific area for this, preferably a lower area bud which you can allow to go on after you harvest the top of the plant to assure seed maturity.

Even a small bud can produce many seeds, enough to where you should be good for a few grows. Not only will you have given yourself some seed stock to use later, you are saving money by not having to continually buy seeds. I hav enot purchased seeds for years b/c I do my own.

less