Growing for Seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Primo832641, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I have 4 sativa plants growing right now, each at about month and a half. They are very small for their age so it may be lowryder but I doubt it. Anyways, I'm growing these plants for seeds so I'm not going to toss the males, but I had some questions about doing such.

1. For a sativa plant roughly how many seeds could I expect to obtain? *not sure about what strain I believe just kine bud.

2. Will the bud that houses the seeds be smoke-able? Because I know I've smoked some regs with seeds in it and it was decent. And if so how much weaker is the potency than if I had done sensimilla bud

3. If all my plants are in the same room do I need to do anything for the males to pollinate the females? Or will nature take its course?

4. Is there anything I need to know about harvesting the seeds? Timing/lighting/drying

5. Is there a short cut I can take like maybe less vegging time since I'm not concerned with bud size ECT? and merely want lots of seeds.

I haven't seen any threads on harvesting bud with seeds so I know very little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:wave:

Here are pics of some of them,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i typed out a long thing but im just wondering, why would u pollenate some bagseeds with each other... usually when u are "growing for seeds" u pick the plants with the best genetics and or the best and bred them with a nice male...

3. this is hoping you have a male plant in the bunch... you wont be able to tell whether they are male/female for 2 weeks into the flowering period

cause if your left with a whole bunch of female plants, that just sucks doesnt it?!? :p

4. well i dont have all different strains to choose from, Im jsut trying to get a bunch of seeds so i can grow cus right now i have no seeds, only these plants. So if mabey 2 of them are females and i toss the males i can grow those females but then im pretty much done. So im trying to jsut get a bunch of seeds then i will start growing for real bud. And odds are there will be one of each gender. I was jsut wondering how you grow for seeds cus idk.

5. why not just clone?
    once you get one female setup you can get numerous clones off of it and your good to go... lather, rinse, repeat

6. i would just clone but the problem is i only have 1 grow area, so if i put the lights on 12/12 to flower my clones the mothers are gonna flower as well.

Has any one grew bud with seeds in it?

7. Talk to misterpostman.

8. I still think you're making this way too complicated on yourself. Only one growspace? Cardboard + duct tape + 23w CFL, and now you have a separate clone chamber. Growing seeds outside of crossbreeding or strain propagation is too much work to be worth it. You'll get a greater yield, but more importantly a more potent yield if you stick to sinsemilla.

9. ok, so mabey i should just clone. But what i dont get is those plants are at 1.3 months and they dont even look like i could clone them, the branches are tiny. Look at the pics. What do you guys think?

10. You need more light and keep it on a 24 hour cycle.

11. Patience, Primo. You clone once the plants have reached maturity. Also, if you're still interested in growing seeds, here's the process as described by Mister Postman: