Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing For Personal Use?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SMOCATRON, Jun 30, 2014.

1. I smoke occasionally and have a very low tolerance. I smoke about an eighth per month at most.
    I was thinking of growing just 1 plant at home. If properly taken care of, would this one plant grow enough just for me?

2. Id suggest 2 auto flowers of a lush strain, free weed and a hobby!

3. If you are doing 1 plant at a time say under 1 600watt you could easily get a couple oz her plant. So every 3 months you have a few oz's

Trim Nazi

4. Two plants would be better. 45-60 days veg and you'll have bough to last you until you harvest again. You don't think there's that much but when you're staring at a stack of jars that looks like the pyramid of Giza it's easy to get carried away. I always used a good bit of my harvest on experiments like hash making and edibles. If you're gonna stay smoking an eighth a month you could probably get by with one plant but why run out when you can have extra.

5. A 600w for 1 plant is overkill. A 400 would more than do the job and a 150 would still be perfectly fine. If he had a 1lb super plant I could see a 600w but that's just unnecessary.

6. What about them LEDs. so much wattage makes me want to cringe now lol. How big of a LED would you need for like 3-4 plants?

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yeah I've always wanted to.
    Once I germinated some seeds, planted em, and began growing.
    For some reason, like 2 weeks after I started growing it, a cop came knocking on my door and I straight up flushed the soil and the seed lol. And then the cop never came back.
    Its not like they have telepathic abilities to see if you're growing or not, so I really have no idea why the hell the cop showed up, but I wasn't gonna take any chances lol.
    Id really love to grow, even one plant would do great for me and last me quite a while. But the paranoia kills me.
    I wish I was in a legal state lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. When I began growing outside, every chopper that flew past my house made me paranoid as hell, lol. 

9. That's perfect man. I'm not looking to sell, maybe share with friends but I'm not a pusher. An oz would last me like 10-12 weeks lol.

10. i am a proponent of filling all available space within the "footprint" of whatever wattage light you use! i myself, grow 6 large plants per 1000 watts of lighting. yield is 3.5-4oz. per plant depending on strain. It has been my experience that the better quality of the strain, the lower the yield. But even with "top shelf, clone only, Elite strains" you should be getting 2-2.5oz. per plant. Give the extra away to family or friends or if your state has MMJ, donate it to a facility that can then pass it along to someone in need! Higher lumens means higher quality and a bigger yield! Look at techniques for a perpetual harvest. Herb is like veggies, you should go with organic inputs, utilize A.A.M.E.'s and always have a fresh supply for the best medicine possible! Dry slow[7-10 days], don't skimp on a full cure{2 week min. for Indica doms and 30 days min. for Sativa doms}     In Love and Light, Peace! Keep it Green!!! :bongin:

11. Growing your own is def the way to go, you'll save a lotta money and I personally love to watch the plants develop and just take care of em. I'd go with 2 or 3 plants though..