Growing dwarf plants?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flyinhigh90, May 12, 2009.

1. Well I am bored, and just saw a pic of a 6'' dwarf marijuana plant that had decent amount of bud on it for what it is. So I got thinking about trying it just for fun, I have a 14x12x12 box that I am planning on putting 3 40w cfls in. I never did this before, but I plan on using a small pot, basically a bottom of a gatorade bottle chopped in half. So when I do this is there a BARE minimum as to when start flowering it, like as soon as it sprouts, or when it is about 6'' tall and has more than 4 leaves? I am new to growing, so bare with me please! I plan on growing the seedling to about 6'' using the 18/6 light cycle, then switching to 12/12 when it gets a little bigger. How does this sound for a super micro dwarf grow?

2. for your size box, you need to flower right away. if you wait till they are 6" tall then they will out grow the box for sure. unless you do some type of fem training or scrog.
    good luck.......

3. Hm, so i should start flowering straight from the sprout basically? Just taking a guess, but if i started 12/12 right away, wouldnt it still have a little bit of vegative growth either way?

4. Is "dwarf" a strain or a growing technique. Please fill me in.

5. both. You can get a lowrider strain, but i am using bag seeds, that i am going to lst, and start flowering as soon as it grows a tiny bit more. I am using a speaker box, painted white inside with a 2 40w cfls. Ill get pics later. Its going to be a super micro grow attempt.

6. Dwarf is the term for a smaller autoflowering strain, or a small plant.

Generally dwarf strains are crossed with a lowryder, or some other type of fast finishing strain, this is how they because autoflowering/"dwarf"

-C

7. just root bound a plant. and you get 8 ten grams easy.

8. So you get an autoflowering plant that is known to grow short in height, veg it for a week or two and the flip it? Or does it just make flowers whenever it chooses too? After it flowers, does it go back to veg and then flower again? Or does it just die out?

9. it dies out.
    i have no experience in the autoflowering strains but from what i understand, you can run 18/6 the whole way thru (germinate to harvest) or even 24/0 and the autoflowering strains will still flower and then die off.
    but this is something you should look into. theres threads on the forum about lowryder and others. just look around....
    good luck and keep her green......

10. I started 12/12 today, but how in the HELL do i control the roots?! i only have a small pot, and cant transplant :eek:

11. Why can't you transplant? You might be seriously held back if you can't let those roots dig deep and wide.

12. because my box is 15'' big. anything bigger and it will hit the top.

13. Oh you'll be fine then.

14. I am using a 16oz cup, i have seen full grown plants in them so i am assuming it will be ok. I will take a pic of my setup in a minute.

15. you might just wanna make your box a little bigger, if your paying for the clones you should veg them for a bit to get some reasonable yeild off them. veg til an even foot then flip to 12/12....... they should be vegged for a bit before you flowering them to build a small root ball and give them time to settle in...

16. tangent, i wish i had some clones, sadly its just a mere little sprout. Heres a couple pics, I know it is a ghetto ass box but it has to be as incognito as possible, oh I have a larger box that I can use, actually much larger but have no way of lighting it.

Attached Files:

• POT.jpg
      POT.jpg
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
    • POT2.jpg
      POT2.jpg
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
  17. Dwarf plants.

18. Ive got lem hze bag seed.need to no how u spot males with dwarf plants.gonna put a few dwn 2 try.

19. How do U spot males in a dwarf plant