Growing directly in the ground in a Greenhouse!

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by GreenhouseGrower5784, May 21, 2020.

1. Hey everyone I'm very new here and looking for a good site that I can share my experience of growing and also collect knowledge at the same time. Here in Illinois it is now legal for medical patients to grow 5 plants at a time it is amazing. I am growing all organically directly into the ground inside of a greenhouse. When I first decided to do this it is very hard to find information out there about this method. The greenhouse was purchased from Harbor Freight for $499 all together about $700 for the greenhouse best investment ever. Around here we pay about 50 to 75$ an 1/8. So the first crop will definitely pay for itself. Here in the Heartland we have amazing soil so I do have that to my advantage. On the other hand I did add Promix all organic with micro soil @ lowes and added in my beds and the results have been amazing. I have pretty much only added tap water this time around and a little blood meal to boost growth. I want to see how they do with no nutrients. I am impressed the Indica that is flowering right now was supposed to get a height of under 1M I have surpassed that. Please let me know what you all think? I would love any input and great added ideas.

On here we could share ideas and also be able to share our progress. Let me know what y'all think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Green Cure for the Powdery Mildew
    BT Thuricide for the Caterpillars.
    upload_2020-5-21_6-50-34.png

[​IMG]

BNW

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Or... Instead of constantly spraying stuff on your plants you could increase air circulation to avoid the PM and invest in insect screen to avoid the bugs.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Just hose them on down with some gasoline as well.

6. Never used Green Cleaner. It is made from.
    =============================================
    The active ingredients of Soybean Oil (39%) and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (19%) along with citric acid and isopropyl alcohol combine to make a potent treatment for russet mites, spider mites, mealybugs, powdery mildew and more! Benefits of Green Cleaner: No pest resistance with continued use.
    ================================================
    Green Cure is Potassium Bicarbonate.
    Baking Soda is Sodium Bicarbonate.

Potassium Bicarbonate is and has been used on wine grape for decades as organic Powdery Mildew control.
    It's also used a direct substitute for baking soda in food recipes.
    Doesn't get much more Organic then a food product.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. That is so great to know. Like i said i hope its not needed but you never know.

8. I suggest that people will try Autos outdoor you get results and less time but bigger growth. Start them indoors for no more than a week and then move them outside. You will strengthen them up it's amazing what these girls can do!

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. So how was the harvest? Did the greenhouse get too hot? What would you do different? I am thinking of doing the same!

Fanman

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey Fanman. Yes the greenhouse got 120 some days but the plants loved it. I had to have a circular fan running at all times almost. I have not harvested yet she is still fully flowering. Almost done probably another week and she will be ready. I love the strong stuff so making sure i have 30% amber trichomes before cutting down. I have tooken down some. Close to an ounce. It will have to be cut at different times just because it is so big and hard to manage. NEVER plant your plants to close. I have almost killed my strawberry lemonade by Barney's Farm because the monster to all the sunlight...water...and nutes. Go all organic its so much easier. I have a soil mixture on here with pics of what i use. It should be in the earlier posts. I wouldn't change anything else. I am in heaven growing in there. We have cold winters sometimes in Illinois so I am growing Auto Indicas because they thrive in that weather. When it get so hot in there in the summer months Sativa's get huge and big tight buds but my indica strains hate the heat resulting in loose buds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Interesting, I would have thought the heat would be a negative. I assume you are in full sun? What size greenhouse did you get? Will it hold up?

Thanks for the comments!
    Fanman

12. Here are some pics of it this morning. Yes full sun all tho the monster is taking sunlight from the other 2. It is 10 ft wide by 12 ft long and it reaches 12 ft at the peak. It has four vented windows and we bought it from Harbor Freight here in the US. When I bought it in the spring we got it on sale for 499 I guarantee it could be cheaper in the off-season. Here are some good tips I would like to share with you if you're looking at getting a greenhouse. If you look closely at one of the pictures you will see we applied HVAC tape to the top and bottom of the polycarbonate panels. This will help keep your polycarbonate panels nice and clear and they will not get a yellow tint. Also as you can see the green house sits on a wooden frame this keeps it anchored to the ground. Those two things take extra time but they are well worth it in the end. The only thing I can say is that it is labor intense. wow is it worth it in the end. I know I think the rock helps minimize humidity. So maybe try not to do all dirt. I went with the flower box idea . The picture of the fan is the only one I have running all the time. I pointed up in the air to help circulate heat and moisture. That is the only tool I really need in the summer. I thought for sure the hundred in 20 degree days in here would kill these girls. It was completely opposite they got huge. I will say to watch out for loose bud sometimes the high humidity and heat can cause them not to be very tight, but I only ran into this with my indicas.

I have some grow Diaries if you want to check them out. I downloaded the app grow Diaries or you can look it up on the internet. If you look up Greenhouse grower you will find me in quite a few strains I've grown so far

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. My new additive for pest and disease is rubbing alcohol. It works fantastic. Just mix up your normal organic death potion. I use neem oil,, Monterey garden insect spray, avid and about 1-2oz per gallon of alcohol. Instant death to all pests and disease. It also leaves the plants very clean looking.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. I'm so jealous. I love the idea of having a greenhouse. Not only for cannabis, but I enjoy raising seedlings of vincas, pansies, etc.. for the front mulch beds and mailbox mulch areas. My problem is that I would have to have an electrician come out and bury an electrical line from house as I think you would have to have a large shop fan running all the time. If your greenhouse hit 120, I can't imagine what mine would hit here in SC.

I did a harvest under my house in a non-air conditioned room. Temps got 90-92*F and I kept it at 65%RH with a large dehumidifier. If I didn't run the dehumidifier, I'd have 90-95%RH. Given the hot temps, my auto flowers had really loose/fluffy buds and I had mold issues. I lost all my Grade A colas. The flower was potent, but fluffy. I'm imaging that was due to the heat. So that's another reason I have not done a greenhouse.

You're giving me hope. Perhaps I should reconsider!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Thank you Greenhouse Grower! I live in Michigan and have successfully grown in 5 gal plastic buckets outdoors the last two years. One of this years plants is over 9 feet, in a bucket, lol. The problem I run into is time. The grow needs almost daily care, mostly water and fert, especially in July and august. I was hoping the greenhouse would be a little more self reliant. Primarily moisture!
    Fanman

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I use rubbing alcohol to clean up all the sticky stuff.
    How does this not melt the trichomes on your plants? Or do you only use it during veg?

• Like Like x 1
  17. You absolutely do not want to use autos with green houses. We have 13 greenhouses and a nursery for clones. With greenhouses it's just like a grow tent where you can choose to block the sun and flower early getting multiple harvests a year. The practice is called light deposition. You can even grow during the winter by setting up lights for when the sun goes down early. The sun is always the best light source to use anywhere. Literally nothing can ever match it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Yes I forgot to tell you that is one great part. I can go days without watering and the plants are still fine. When they're very little you have to keep an eye on them but as they grow a bigger stem you can forget watering and they would still be okay. We even left for a 4-day vacation and I did a heavy watering before and they were beautiful when I came home.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Also it's my legal job and career and coming from a sawmill it is harder work than I thought but love it.
    20200917_170021.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. I have to completely disagree with you on the autos. Below are pictures of all Autos that I have grown in the ground in the greenhouse no problem. Auto Amnesia would have been massive but unfortunately some teenage kids decided to rob me LOL. But there are some pictures of different strains. I went with autos because you don't have to worry about shading or reducing light. They're very low-maintenance and extremely resistant to mold. I personally say the Autos are made for greenhouses at least where I live. I do grow all winter all indica strains because they are the best during that time here.

Attached Files: