Growing Different Strains Together

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cacker Spaniel, May 24, 2010.

1. Im a Noob and i have a quick question

I'm planning on growing outdoors and i was wondering if if ok to grow different strains in the same vicinity. i don't know why it wouldn't be ok but i dunno. im planing on buying

White Widow

White Rhino

Bubblegum

Afghan

Master Kush

and i was wondering if they would be ok near each other

2. As long as there not in the same pot, I don't see why not.

3. yea should be fine. just like flyin high said not in the same pot. make sure you either buy feminized seeds or remove the males, unless your like trying to cross breed the two strains

4. Ok thanks, and since were on the subject, i was wondering is that how hybrids and new strains are made by just putting one female plant and one male plant of different strains together and letting them pollinate?

5. yup precisely. the male will pollinate the female plant and the buds will basically have a bunch of seeds in it.
    it happened to a plant that i had a really long time ago.
    i was like 15 and i had no idea what i was doing.

6. Looks like all indica's you should be fine planting together,they'll b easy to keep short so one isnt robbing the rest from light

Breeders pick from thousands of specimens to choose best genes.I'm not sayin you can't breed but I would wait to learn alil bit more about it.You could get lucky and make somethin fantastic.But once u breed those plant your plants will be all over place.tall,short,good,bad,

7. Might want to check your strains and see how they do outdoors...most dutchified strains are indoor growers and suseptable to mold if your harvest month is humid/wet...that Affie and MK will be mush from bud rot and mould.