Growing different strains outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Danielsa8911, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Hi I'm a beginning grower and I'm going to take a trip to Colorado on spring break to get quality seeds. I wanted to get white widow seeds but I looked online and couldn't find any dispensaries or clone stores that have then. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing that the seeds I look up now online will be changed by the time I make the trip, so I don't know an exact seed I should except to be looking for when I go. I don't know much about growing yet but I'm learning more. I was wondering if all strains grow the same way? For example: using the same grow method for OG Kush on Blue Dream. Or would I have to follow a specific guide for OG Kush and a specific guide for Blue Dream?

2. They are all different. I would suggest a sativa for a beginner like Green Crack. They are easy to grow and don't require as much of a learning curve. Your choice though. It would be a lot easier to start with a clone than seeds. At least you would be guaranteed a female. With seeds you have to cull out the males and for a beginner that can turn out to be a real disaster. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Does every strain have the same grow patterns? Like the same amount of sunlight, same amount of water needed, same type of soil etc. or is each strain going to be different?

4. No they don't. Some strains finish earlier than others. As long as you use good soil you can use that with quite a few different strains. Other than that, they are all different. Temperature, humidity, dryness all play a role for different strains. Different strains even require different requirements for the amount of nutrients. You need to research, research, research first. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for the help on that bro
    hanhan

• Like Like x 1
  6. The availability of seeds is hit and miss here. Just order seeds online within the US and be done with it. You'll run yourself silly here looking for shops that actually stock/sell seeds. They wanna sell you bud and concentrates, not seeds.

but good luck........

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 ManInDirt, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Blue dream hands down, it's super easy to grow, it's pest resistant (supposedly mold resistant too, I can't vouch for that as I have not had that issue) really nice yields, and smells crazy berry! That being said every plant finishes differently, you can even cause a plant of the same variety to harvest totally different just by accidentally stressing it, being off on nutes/ph, and what I assume are many other factors. I ran 7 pants of one strain outdoors this year, 4 finished strong, 2 finished a bit less spectacular and one is completely different from trichome production to the size and color of pistils.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spend the next month or two studying, learning, research, the style of growing you are going to use, the type of lighting your going to use, I suggest a soil grow, then collect all the materials your going to need, then pop online and order some Dreamcatcher strain seeds from Greenpoint.com (their in Colorado) in less than a week you will have your seeds in hand.... If you sprout seeds without at least learning basic grow knowledge failure is almost guaranteed..... It's not hard but can be a steep learning curve

• Like Like x 1
  9. I also wanted to add that white widow is a very dated strain, that is like mid 90's hype. There is so much better out there.

• Like Like x 1