Growing cannabis with a tanning bed???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dinamikz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Just wondering if this would be feasable ... Thoughts? Comments? :smoking:

2. It'd have to be a big ass tanning bed.

I'm pretty sure that'd fry your plants.

3. Stand it on it's side and grow between the calmshell? Yeah, I could see it. Course your gonna have to replace all the bulbs to the correct spectrum first though.

4. What kind of bulbs do they use in those things?

J

5. no clue ... i just figured since you can get a tan from them they would grow plants ..... dont know if im right or wrong

6. Yes, open it up and flip it over....and grow 1000clones.

7. if it's the sun bed i used defo not a good idea i think there mostly all UV somebody correct me?

8. Change the bulbs out and use a scaled version of these nft systems?

Attached Files:

9. question one Are you living in the new jersey area?lol i dont think it would work and would recommend posting this in lighting forum there are experts their that will let you know

10. Gym tan laundry......and pot???? I thought they liked steroids.

11. I can hear your sister now... "Who the %*@$#! put weed plants in my $@#&! tanning bed??"

As far as your question goes... it should work just fine. If it's enough lumens to create a tan, it's plenty enough to grow some weed with.

12. A sunbed (British English), tanning bed (American English) or sun tanning bed is a device that emits ultraviolet radiation (typically 97% UVA and 3% UVB, +/-3%) to produce a cosmetic tan. found this on wiki in 2 seconds, I dont think it would last one second.

13. Better use plants that don't grow higher than the bed.

14. Just change the bulbs to the right spectrum, if you can. n it will be good i think.

15. just use the sun man? its the best tanning bed outthere,those cost a ton to run-but a real Guido will have at least 1 tanning bed in his house at all times,