Growing Cannabis Bonsai.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HappySteve, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Hey Guys, Im not sure if this should be posted in the seasoned tokers section. But Im putting it here so those of you with experience in growing could share your advice with me.

So Ive decided to bonsai my plants to hide them better. Besides its just for personal use.

This is my first time growing by the way.
    Here are some details on the plants:

-I have 3 plants currently.
    -Currently they're about 3 inches tall.
    -Looks sativa. But when I smoked the nug I got it from it felt like it had some indica in it.
    -I grow on soil.

I did some research on the internet. It told me to transfer the plants to a 6 inch pot and expose it to only 12 hours of sunlight daily. Im currently following this advice (day 1).

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Steve.:smoke:

2. I have no advice because I don't know how to grow nor bonsai but i think bonsai's are awesome and if you could bonsai a nice plant that would be amazing IMO, so bump for you:smoking:

blazeon

3. Thats cool man. I've want to do this someday.

4. Are you planning on doing bonsai to flower, or just to use as a mother plant? If a mother plant keep the light at 14/10 or 16/8. Most people bonsai simply to keep as mother plants. You shouldn't top a flowering plant too many times as it will slow down growth and affect yield. You can flower a bonsai mom later in time though and have various bud spots.

5. Thanks for this man. I actually plan on keeping it as a mother plant but also flowering it. Can you tell me more about it though? Id really appreciate it.

Happy Steve.:smoking:

6. Last night I dreamed about doing this how trippy. Also I had another dream on a few things that I am looking into.

7. There is a really good thread on GC on bonsai mothers, I think it may even be one of the stickies in advanced. Sorry I dont have it on me but im 80% sure its somewhere in advanced growing tech.

What I know is that you must keep the plant in a small pot working your way up from 4'' to 6'' to 10'' and you continuously top her (there are threads on topping in beginners section)

What I think you must do is increase light to 14 hours, other wise shes gonna start flowering. And go weak on your nute regiment.

8. Indeed there is a sticky in this forum on bonsai.

9. Hey man, i trained the crap out of my plants on my last grow, so if your looking for pictures of what they look like i have a pretty good timeline of their lives in pics on my first journal.

The main things to remember is that if u want it to be a mother u have to keep it on 18/6 at least to keep it in veg. Also you need to move branches very meticulously so that you get equal light on all of it. Dont be afraid to cut down branches and undergrowth if its being shaded at all.