Growing Calls In US and UK For Legalised Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by nomoredoubts, Apr 6, 2013.

1. #1 nomoredoubts, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  2. All the potheads need to get together and tell him we all stand for this shit no more

3. #3 Storm Crow, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Make a form letter! (Turn about is fair play!) It could look like this-

Dear _________

I support the legalization of cannabis and you should, too! One in 3 Americans will die with some form of dementia or Alzheimer's (alz.org). The leading pharmaceutical drug for Alzheimner's is ARICEPT. WebMD did a comparison of ARICEPT and THC in preventing Alzheimer's, "Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's".

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” (emphasis mine)

If cannabis were legal, which would you logically choose for yourself or a loved one? Think once more about that "1 out of every 3" statistic and those you love. It is time to legalize cannabis and your vote is needed on _______!

Thank you for your time,

________ ________, a registered voter
    your address & email

Or you could use breast cancer- 1 in 8 women will have it eventually. This is about the aggressive and deadly "triple negative" breast cancer-

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

When writing politicians, be polite, even to the "less pleasant" ones. :cool: Keep it short- long rants don't make it! Spell-check and proof-read before hitting "send"! :D

OK, I have given you everything you need to be an activist! :hello: But I can't move your fingers on the keys to write the letter and hit "send"- only YOU can do that!

Get busy! :yay: :gc_rocks:

Granny :wave:

4. It just doesn't make any sense why do human beings don't do the most logical things

5. I don't care what they do they're never going to stop weed

6. Humans will commit untold atrocities for $$$$. The strongest opposition to pot is from the corporate world that stands to lose Billions if access to pot and proper education is allowed. Corporations control the politicians. Find a way to fight the corporations...and you have found a way to common sense education for every human on the planet.

7. Yeah it never is about riding wrong