Growing bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by teg21, Sep 20, 2003.

1. i want to plant like 5 plants in a closet, what kind and and how many. Where could i get thses lightbulbs, at the hardware store or hte interenet. thanks

2. bulbs?......what are trying to grow daffodills?.....lol.......i take it you mean seeds for MJ plants.......?...........as for a strain to grow, try www.cannagenetics.com they're all listed there.........as for a light, depends on 2 factors........1/grow room size in sq feet, and 2/how many plants in that size of room.................Peace out...........Sid

3. yea sorry, i say light bulbs whenever i mean a light source, but the closet is about 6 by 7 feet, i think 5-6 plants would be a nice first attempt.

4. *LOL* oh sid....that'd be perfect teg21. Your light you'd want would be 400W or 600W, a 1000W would be more heat...but if you have good ventilation....maybe you could use a 1000W. I'd use a 400W HPS with 5 plants. It all depends on your budget. Most towns have Hydroponic stores...check them out and don't be parinoid...well respect people have Hydroponic gardens...not just us potheads *LOL*.

5. are there lights that are cheap but still effective?

6. A 600w hps for flower and a 250 watt Hetal halide for veg would work well. Divide the closet so you have a 4'x3' flower chamber and a 2'x3' veg/Mom area side my side. This leaves you with. 3'x6' area to work in.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26558

If you want to save some money you can have a floro veg setup but it sill stilll come close to $300 for lights, 1/4" ply for walls, paint, pots and soil or hydro system Go bubbler if you are.