Growing Autos with Non Autos?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by budshouse, Mar 10, 2015.

1. #1 budshouse, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    So this is my first grow, i picked up some Lowryder Easyryder #2 seeds from Herbies and they came with a couple free seeds, one of them being fem'd Strawberry blue. I have a 3x2x3 tent with 300w LED (true 160w) with 4 60w cfl's. I have 4 home made 2.5g bubble buckets. My initial thought was to grow the 4 ryders and save the freebie seeds for next grow but on the flip side, it would be nice to have a little variety of buds for my first grow. ill be scroging the plants due to the fact i only have about 2 feet of grow clearence.

MY QUESTION: can i grow 3 auto's with 1 fem'd? if so what will i have to do differently than what i would normally do with 4 autos. I picked autos (lowryder easyryder #2 to be specific) because of how easy theu are to grow.

im assuming the answer has mostly to do with the on/off hours of light, ive looked all over but i really cant find much on the subject.

SECOND QUESTION: after doing some more research ive come to find out that auto's genrally have lower yeild than fem'd seeds AND the lowryder strain is also a low yeild. Given the info above, what striain could you suggest for my size grow with HUGE yeilds (need really short plants but ill be scrogging to help out). I dont care about quality that much because id rather have, of 4 plants, 1 high quality plant with low yeild, and 3 mids with huge of yeild. I may be asking a stupid question but remember im a newbie

Please feel free to comment on my setup and any tips you can give me, this is my first grow as well as my post (of many to be) on this site and i look forward to hearing everything you guys have to say! thanks again fellas

2. With autos the light cycle doesn't matter at all. It will flower on its own so you have no worries

3. set ur light to the photo girl, 18/6 veg 12/12 flower. the autos will do good in any light. I use um as fillers

4. but will i have better yeilds if i do a straight auto grow with 20 hrs of light rather than tailoring the light timing to the photo

5. I'm doing the same thing as you bro
    I have 2 autos and 1 regular.
    I'm running 24/0 for the first couple of weeks and will switch to 12/12 once the autos are about to start flowering, so regular strain starts to flower as well.

I like to hear what others would say, as this is my first grow.

6. I suggest somewhere between 18/6 and 24/0 for auto's. Seems to be about the mid point for finishing them the fastest while still getting good bud.
    Running an auto on 12/12 will just make them take forever.

• Like Like x 1