growing and kids in the house - whats the info

Discussion in 'General' started by mjboy, Oct 4, 2008.

1. growing and kids in the house - whats the info

ok my girl asked me to find out the info on this. Here's the scoop. I'm a grower and i need to know about having kids in the house while growing. I have a 4 month old baby and shes worried about baby endangerment. Now can anyone point me to some literature that can give me info or does anyone have experience with this type of thing?

Im in California and need to know everything about the subject. I have my medical card and i am a primary caregiver for 2 people.

2. are you looking for proper legal type documents?

3. I'm not too sure, you'd have to look through Prop 215. Im sure someone here will know.

I know anywhere else if you get caught growing or manufactering any drugs in a house with children its child endangerment and you lose you're children.

-AFD

4. looking for any type of info you can get. thanks a lot!

yea but CA is different with all of our MJ laws.

5. sorry man ive had a look at the websites i know, and they say nothing about children

Sems~

6. As long as you're not selling or blowing smoke over your kids you should be fine. A judge most likely won't take away your kids because you are growing medical cannabis.

7. Cali Laws-NORML

umm... not sure why you'd even have come here and ask... should be a pretty simple decision (depending on the size of your grow)

BAD FUCKING IDEA!

just not a good situation to put your family and child in

there are more dangers than just legal issues

8. What are you talking about? Your link doesn't even cover medical patients with kids and even so I've spoken with lawyers about this and it's a case by case issue but as long as you are not "endangering" your kids by smoking around them or providing an unsafe environment while you deal is another issue. Why shouldn't he ask?

9. why would i ask on a forum that has to do with the subject I'm asking about??? Are you serious!?

im a patient and i do not smoke around my son. I medicate outside and away from my family.

and i saw the link you posted. under cultivation it says Any amount (exception for patients or caregivers)

Anyone else with information?

10. yeah, I'm serious, I think it's a no-brainer (less to do with what forum it was posted on and more to do with the question itself)

it's your child and wife, I can't tell you one way or another... but I can't see how it'd possibly worth the risks. regardless of medical need, I'd consult a lawyer or your MMJ Club for info specific to your area.

11. yea ill call my hotline. But i was hoping to get info from members that have gone through it.

12. I'd say just to cover your bases try and find a location removed from the main house or possibly on another property that doesnt have minors living on it to continue your cultivation.

Don't give them anything more to use against you in a court of law than the bullshit they already have.

13. You risk losing the kids. (and the MJ)

14. Bingo, its up to the judge to decide if your providing an unsafe place for you kids to live, if he hears growing marijuana, he just might think traffic as well.

15. IF it really was that big of a problem (I don't, I agree with Cali) Couldn't you just not grow in the house? Find a different spot or at a buddies or something.

16. If you do this as a profession, then it's time to bite the bullet and separate your work world and your personal life.

Reinvest in a new property.

17. Make sure that the room or area you're growing in is inaccessible to the kids. The room or area should be locked, pad locked and you should have your rec. posted outside the door or area.