Growing a plant on my window sill?

Discussion in 'General' started by token2004, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Okay, so basicly I am not very serious about growing so thats why I put this here.

My brother bought a bag of weed which had quite a few seeds so I picked some out to try and grow... what I want to do is just fill a cup with soil and plant them on my window sill for now which gets alot of sun and see if they sprout....

IF they do sprout I may buy lights, but not until then, I am just curious now... is it even worth it or should I just try and wait a few months until spring?

2. They probably will sprout.. but if they had a lot of seeds you're looking at some pretty "blah" weed.

3. Dude, I haven't seen you post in forever, where the hell ya been?

4. Like I said, not really into growing, but hey ill try it out,

5. i'd try it out.

i mean, unless you are actually interested in making those seeds grow and would prefer to save them if you know it won't work out.. then, well, just dismiss my comment altogether.

6. Well if they do work out, I will probably gain interest and grow them right.. if not its not the end of the world.

7. If you aren't serious about growing it than it probably wont make it past seedling. It will outgrow the cup and will need air and a little more light. Do it for expirence if no one in your home has anything against it.

Germinate about 10 seeds because most of them wont even make it to the soil. Keep the healthiest ones and get rid of the rest.

Plant it in a pot not a cup. Marijuana (especially seedlings) don't like being moved around until they are really old. You can put it into shock by moving (or even giving it cold/hot water) it and it will either stop growing or die.

Have some air flow and make sure the air is at room temperature. Make sure all the water is distilled (get a lot of water boil it and let it sit for a day in your room) and never over water the plant. Only give it enough water to keep the soil moist.. not soaked.

Get a florecent lamp and switch to a HPS lamp if you can actually get the plant into adult hood.

And whatever you do do not give your baby miracle grow. Read up online on what kind of nutrician marijuana needs and when you should be feeding it nutriatives.

Make sure there isn't too much wind blowing or the plants might get knocked down while theyre babies. Make sure the light is directly above it because they grow towards their light source. You don't want a crooked plant do you?

8. Do it! Funny, I have pictures my wife took of me sitting in front of the window sill with three little stringy plants. I look so proud of them and have the biggest shit eatin grin you ever saw! That was twenty-five years ago. You should see my buds now...IMO Much love.