growing a plant need to know when to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by potdaddy, Sep 18, 2003.

1. I have a plant that is about 4 months old (that is from seedling state) is now budding with white and brownish hairs yet they are young. I started the plant in miracle grow soil and used miracle grow fertilizer. I topped the plant a good bit to keep it short it is about 4 feet in height and 5 feet in diameter. It is mid september now and every branch is covered in buds should i wait untill the first freeze to harvest? and also what is the best way to cure the buds for maximum potency?

2. I hung my plants for a good 8 days. Then gut the buds off, and made a bowl full. Let them sit with a cover on, cracked for another week. Should smoke okay?

3. woody, I have some buds haning right now in my closet with a fan blowing out a vent how do i know when its dried enough to be put into jars? Last week i tried it with a small ~1/8 oz practice run, it molded up on me bad. But the buds had some mold to start (why i harvested some) so i kinda expected it. you still making hash woody? im going to be doing a hash oil run this weekend using some moldy buds and trim form soem good buds i hope to get about a gram of oil. It will be my first taste of hash :). Im going to get so ripped on monday in school second period 1g of hash between 2 people! Ill be stoned all fucking day! :D

woody you dont go by the this meathod http://www.overgrow.com/article/15 or you just eyeball the resin? They say you need a microscope thing but i can see them clerly with my eyes when i hold it close. But i have good eyes.