Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing 3 Strains in 1 Tent

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KaliKush25, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Hi everyone. First off, I want to say I'm really excited to have join this site. I've researched my question on the site and found other questions similar to mine but they didn't fully say what I was looking for. I have a question about growing 3 different strains in one grow tent. So, from what I read, it is perfectly ok to grow multiple strains in one tent. How would one go about doing this? In one tent, I want to grow Acapulco Gold, Northern Lights, and Maui Waui. I don't really understand why some people are saying this does't always work because some plants have longer veg/flowering times than others. But, lets say that Acapulco Gold and Maui Waui had a longer veg time than Northern Lights. Would it really harm the Northern Lights plant if i keep it in veg for a little longer so I all three plants can enter the flowering stage at the same time? And once in the flowering stage, can't I just harvest the plants that are ready to be harvested while the others continue flowering? Can someone elaborate more on this? Am I under-thinking this or do I sound mostly right? Thanks a lot for the help!

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014

You can have 16 plants, all different strains and they will all be fine together. what can be tricky is if one plant wants to grow 5 feet tall and another wants to grow 2 feet tall. Then you get creative with training and propping shorter plants up on milk crates or something to achieve a reasonably uniform canopy height . Short plants tend to go right under the light, taller to the side.

You are mostly right in your plan. it just becomes more of a factor when you get a veg tent and a flower tent. for example I have some plants in flower that are getting big, in the veg room I have plants getting to be good size but have to wait 6 more weeks or more and the veg plants will be huge by then. there is lots of planning when you run two rooms and want to keep them full.