Growin in a shed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Oompa Zoompa, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Hey guys, its been a while since i have been on here, and I'm currently moving to a new house i live in AZ (hot) and the house comes with a good sized shed with a lock on it, it has one window (about 3 x 2) and the vent on top. What I'm worried about is there gonna be enough sun? or should i run a extension cord to use lights. I really like the idea of the shed cause the shed is huge and it can be locked. And if anyone knows how much i should water the plants in such a dry area i was thinking once every two days? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :eek:

Thanks,
    Zoompa

2. Theres no way you'll get enough light from a 3x2 window! You'll need lights. Your best bet is to get the appropriate amount of lights for your space and amount of plants. Then go ahead and seal that window up so there are no light leaks. This will keep nosey neighbors at bay.

If you already have a vent thats great, hook up a carbon scrubber and your good to go as far as scent/vent goes.

When it comes to watering you'll have to learn your plants. Obviously as they get bigger the more water they'll require. What you can do is just water them until you get water "run off" from the bottom of the pots, that way you know they are saturated. From there I'd say you'd be good with watering every 2-3 days. But again, you'll have to find that out yourself.

Also, keep in mind that AZ gets BLAZING hot, plus your temps will go up with your lighting so you may need that window for an Air conditioner unit to keep temps down to less than lethal highs! You may be able to get away with just running the AC on a timer. Keep it on during the hottest part of the day and have it off at night to keep your electric bill down. Good luck man!

3. Some other things i forgot to mention is that the neighbors on the window side, there wall is extremely tall and theres no way someone could look over and on the right side of the house there is no house just a street. And I'm not sure about behind us. but I'm sure i can keep it pretty cool in the shed if i find a better way of ventilation i mean i use to grow at the house I'm at now but this was just outside in the back. Thanks for the info btw.

Zoompa

4. do you think u could put a greenhouse roof on the top of the shed?

5. Hey there's this old book by Mel Frank and he had some really fantastic suggestions about this kind of thing in there. If it's still in print and you cand find it you fully should peep it.

:smoke: