growin buds in the woods read this shit

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by the boat, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Please help me, don't look at it and say "That shits too long fuck it" I think it's a pretty good read for the most part. You browsing grasscity dont even pretend you have shit to do :smoke:

Alright yo so i'm new here ive been lerkin this shit for so long so growin season is comin up its warm as shit around here and its nice too so im gonna plant some trees in the woods but I don't want nothin fancy you know what i'm sayin I want a plant that makes it to harvest and will get me stoned. So what's the bare minimum I can do, the least $$ I can spend to get some marijuana? Here's my plan so far, I already got this sick ass spot so i'm gonna germinate me some seeds using the paper towle method or maybe just drop it in a cup of water, whatever i'm gonna germinate some seeds. Once they get that white root poped out put em in a container and bring them to my spot (It's fuckin perfect I wish you guys could see it) I asked a diffterent forum about this someone said I could just put it in the ground and it would most likely grow sinse woods already have a ton of plants it already probably has good soil. Just go water it every few days and i'll be straight. I checked out the soil it seems nice as fuck, not infested with bugs or anything, it's sorta fluffy you can squeeze it together but it brakes apart effortlessly witch i know is good for pot. So i'll plant my shit give it watter and all that, can I just let nature do it's thang? I'm gonna rip out the males once I can identify them. what else should I know? will the ground have enough nutrients to keep my plants alive? If not how should I feed them? Can I use like barried fruits and veggies and brown leaves from from the ground, barrie them with the dirt and let them realease nutrients as time passes? Or is that stupid and i should just put it in the ground? Someone on a differnt site said that I need to fertilize it or some shit or it wont grow, what should I know about this?

Thanks in advance :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. Sounds like you have the right spot and a good plan...the only thing that I can suggest is to nurture those germed seeds ...let them grow till they have there first set of 5 fingered leaves showing then transplant them into your secret garden, I would also make small protective screen cages to place around them to fend off critter's that want to munch on your young'ns... then remove the cages after thier grown up abit.
    Also, I'd like to say that my first grow last year was more than successful with just the natural soil but dig your holes deep for those roots to spread down and out.
    check out oldpork's 2010 grow journal for great idea's and wisdom. God bless your grow!

3. dude honestly i only REALLY cared for my plants during the seedling stage......once they were bigger than the styrafoam cups they were growing in I then transplanted to 5 gallon buckets........once the buckets were in their final outdoor spots I barely did any work. Mother nature does everything. Of course I added nutes for the hell of it, but it was beautiful on its own and probably didnt need them. Its like free weed for doing close to no work. Thats the beauty of outdoor growing.

4. My advice to you is to read, read, and read some more of the posts on the forums. There is lots of info there.
    As for planting in the ground it depends on the soil where you are growing. Many forest soils are very acidic and often run heavily to clay. In that case it will be necesary to dig holes and carry in soil, ferts etc,

5. You want to prep the soil ahead of time for best results, so germinate your seeds and start them in plastic cups. Depending on type of soil is the ammendments you use, sandy soils are usually lacking organic matter and it sounds like you have sandy soil. I would add compost, wormcastings, pro mix (or other peat based), and perlite with some domolite lime added to keep the Ph in check. I use black chicken wire to keep out animals and spray with neem oil for insects.

Some cheap and effective nutrition is alaskan fish fertilizer and Maxicrop liquid seaweed for veg, they provide nitrogen and potassium the most needed nutrients for veg. For budding I suggest bone meal and maxicrop liquid seaweed, these are cheap but effective nutrients that wont burn a hole in your wallet.

6. I don't know about your area but around here fish ferts, bone meal etc. will attract black bears, raccoons, coyotes and similar varmints which will dig out your plants looking for that fish. I stick with chemical ferts for that reason with the exception of sheep manure which I sometimes apply about 1 month before I put the clones out. This gives critters time to investigate and realize there is nothing there except shit.

7. I heard, and i'm not even trying to be funny that piss is a natural animal repelent. I really have not seen legit animals lurking these woods though so i mean, if I find it to be a probablem i'll figure something out.

And no this shit isn't sandy actually, the dirt around here is really light and sandy outside of the woods but in the woods right now theres a bunch of leaves covering the ground but I moved them a little to check it out and it was some pretty nice looking soil, real dark color, and as I said it's sorta fluffy you can squeeze it together but it brakes apart effortlessly. Real nice, as for it being acidic I might get some filliment papers for free at school and check that shit out. When would you guys recomend planting in the south east of the U.S.? I mean i know the general growing season but it does get warm as hell here and it starts during spring. It's already getting nice out here, everyone putting their jackets up in their closet :) but I noticed it was pretty windy today so idk.

As for reading up, oh yeah. I got that shit i've been reading about growing outdoors for the better part of my days for the last week.

So what should I know about ''Fertilizers'' I don't even know what that's all about, as dumb as that sounds after saying that ^^^

As for starting out the seeds in cups before putting them in the woods, well you kind of have to be seen walking to my spot i would really rather not be carrying a bunch of suspisious plants down the side walk of the suburbs lol. I mean i could try it at like 3am but still i sorta want to plant several to ensure that a get a female or too so i really dont know.

I've heard a few people are saying dig your holes deep, but i don't get it cause from what i've read and videos ive seen you just suposed to make a little indention in your soil with a pencil or something and put your seed root down (That little tail after you
    germinate)

Thanks for the fairly quick replys by the way guys

8. You can only help yourself, read moreand more. If yeild and quality are important to you use a good soil mix and decent nutes. In vegetative growth high nitrogen, low phosphate, and moderate potassium, begenning stage of flower I use equal amountsof all 3 NPK, then I convert to low nitrogen high phosphate and moderate potassiem.

9. Yea you have the right idea. I use piss and it works good. We have tons of rabbits here and they never touch my shit. Only thing I would add is let the sprouts get at least 7 inches before transplanting. Also think about how much sun your spot will get...things look very different in winter and spring. 5 hours of direct sunlight should be minimum target.

If you are south of Kentucky mid to late march should be good if you are that eager. Yea mixing up dead leaves with soil is good if you don't want to worry about feeding them. Good luck.

10. I used miracle gro all purpose plant food, starting at less than half strength.... eventually i was adding full strength twice a week. my plant loved it. straight purple frosty buds, healthy green leaves.... she was beautiful

dont listen to people saying miracle gro is bad, i used both the soil and fertz and it was FINEEEEEEE

11. I used their soil and plant food for my first grow. The buds did look good and were frosty, but werent worth the time/energy invested.

Then i found my local grow shop--and better nutes. Now the buds not only look good but they have the smell/taste/ and high:smoke:. 100x better than when using miracle grow.:hello:

It will work, just not as well as other options out there.

12. I personally dont ever use nutrients unless Im working with hydroponics.
    For growing outdoors, all you need is the right requirements.
    -Timing
    -Water & Good Soil

If you have all of these or more, then Id say you should end up with some pretty healthy bud. I wait until the seedling has sprouted in it's cup, then move it outside to a good location and check up on it only once every 3 weeks.

Really pot can survive outdoors pretty easily. A lot easier than most people would think.

13. So here's the deal.

You can go at it with your current view on things which seems like, the least amount or work and the least amount of money, and your likely to end up like this:
    -Start with 15 seeds, plant them in your dirt from the woods, maybe 10 sprout, 5 females, maybe two will survive until the end of budding, having survived no nutrients through out their life cycle you are likely to yeild a whopping 2 oz...if that
    OR
    You can get your head outa the gutter and realize that if you want a successful grow you are going to need to put in a significant amount of time and money.

• Start with 5 quality feminized seeds. Germinate in moist paper towel if you wish (however some roots can get stuck to the towel and break) Place root down as you know...
    • Begin them in red cups or peat cups, and use a good base potting soil, I like Roots but some prefer FF or SS. (It should be the same as what is in your hole to prevent shock)
    • For highest germination rate keep them in a warm place with high humidity (light isn't important until the seedling has popped through)
    • Place outside, not in direct sunlight or it could burn if gets below 40 at night bring inside
    • After a few weeks the plant should be ready to be moved into the ground.
    • Probably easiest to use store bought nutes like Fox Farms GB, BB, and TB
    • Start with low concentration and move up as you feel comfortable.
    In the end lets say you have 4 germinate, one has its stem snap during a storm, so your left with only one more plant than previously but because you used quality ingredients, your yield is looking more like a QP-HP....Not bad :smoke:

Probably could go on forever about growing...tried to not put too much.

Just my two cents...Peace

14. Exactly what washedmothafuka said.

You can grow a plant outdoors with minimal effore and yes it will live, but you will get minimal results. You can give a plant a favorable grow medium, water when needed, proper nutrients during veg and bloom, and get a good amount of dank bud. I have grown dank bud from bagseed.

Yes miracle grow will work, its better than just using dirt and water and will produce good bud, but other nutrients are way better and chemical free.

15. I I wasn't saying not to buy better fertz and soils. All I'm saying is, I always see people on here talking shit about miraclegro, when on my very first grow I used it and had fantastic results.

But if you have the money to buy the better stuff of course go for it.

On another note, to the OP: Not quite sure if this is what you want to do, but if you're expecting to plant some seeds, let mother nature do it's work, and come back to a nice big harvest, you're mistaken. you may get some decent plants. but it's nothing compared to actually taking the time to check your plants every few days, water them, piss around them to keep animals away, add fertz, and just general care for your plant. I didn't check mine EVERY day (except at the last week of flowering), but i did check it about once every 3 days.

She was beautiful before she got stolen from me.