Growers Choice Seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by nichk6, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Ordered over a week ago. Used zelle or whatever crap they suggested I use to avoid long waits, but that was not effective considering I’ve been waiting over a week. Nothing more than an order confirmation. 100% trying someone else next time. Shipping takes too long, no gifts or freebies, high prices, and only 15% off your next order.

I feel like there are better options, and this is coming from a Californian.

2. I got my seeds about 4 days ago and none have germed..........

3. About 80% - 90% of my GC seeds have germ'd. The Cinderella 99 were awesome big and smelly! Will definitely grow those again. The Amnesia survived an abusive hot summer.

4. I grew several GC autos last year. They were OK, but not as good as the Mephisto Genetics autos that I have been growing. Mephisto ships from Colorado if you buy direct. I've also had great luck ordering from Greybeard Seeds. They also ship from within the US and offer several of the top breeders seeds.

5. All 3 Gorilla Glue seeds popped from the Jiffy Pellets. Officially day 1 for me

6. Ordered midnight 4/1-4/2. Didn’t get a label creation email until yesterday. It’s 4/9, over a week since I paid using Zelle for “faster shipping.” Over a week and they haven’t done anything but print the label. I would just backcharge them for this BS, but they tricked me into using Zelle.

Unless my order comes with 20 free seeds that I don’t know about, this will be the last time I order from this company. I appreciate the easier payment than the money orders and gift cards that other seed banks want, but this shipping time is unbelievable. You have to be pretty damn lazy to sit on orders for over a week.

7. I had to wait about 1 week more than usual. This is due to high demand in California right now. Outdoor season is about to start and well we are loading up on seeds. I got mine 3 days after the label was created. I am currently pre rolling my Critical Purple from GC. 20190409_133651.jpg 20190409_134404.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well I ordered midnight of 4/1-4/2 and my label was created morning of 4/4, didn’t get an email about it until the other day, and I don’t live far away. Mailing usually takes a day from that area.

I understand they’re busy, but shipping times like this are outrageous. I know a couple guys that got seeds from Attitude faster than my wait with GC. I just liked the easy payment with GC compared to the other banks.

9. I just used my debit card, took about 1 week and 3 days.

10. ive ordered from them a few times and im in the same state as them it took 7-10 and that was not during the spring time rush. What ive noticed , and it makes sense is they seem to get a batch of orders ready before they ship and the zipcode and tracking are from different usps sites . I think they do that to avoid having a pattern that could be detected . Remember technically they are not allowed to sell seeds so security and precautions are at play when they ship

11. Concerning germination rates;
    The last time I germinated a seed from each of two packets I got very predictable germination.
    This time, I started one of each of those, again.
    Five days:
    57702984879__E0BF1A19-C017-49BF-BB9B-C14B1AD72E31.JPG
    4 for 4 from GC.

12. All 3 GG Autos. Always use Jiffy Pellets to germinate.
    20190414_225729.jpg 20190414_225723.jpg 20190414_225719.jpg 20190414_225719.jpg 20190414_225719.jpg 20190414_225726.jpg

13. I ordered from GC twice and had mixed results. The first pack I got was tangerine dream auto and one seed was a dud, one I damaged when I tried to get the helmet off, and one is presently curing. That one was seriously delayed in growth during veg. She ended up growing tall but her yield was 1 1/4 ounce. The second set of seeds I got was AK autos. Same amount of time for shipping. All three popped in less than 24 hours. They grew fast from the start but one I harvested too early at 54 days because I saw amber trichomes, one I harvested at day 60, this time too late and way too many amber trichomes. Together they both yielded an ounce and 1/2. I have one left that never looked anything like the other two and probably has at least two more weeks maybe a month left.. I know there was grower error involved as it was my first time growing, but I do question the stability of the seed genetics. They’re autos so maybe that has a lot to do with it. Next time I’m ordering somewhere else.

14. I will agree that the autos are a little loopy. All 3 seeds lookes different. I am running some Gorilla Glue Autos from GC Seeds rn. 2 are normal and 1 is a runt. Feesing FF Nuts and Cal Mag and a 600watt Grow Light. My Critical last harvest yielded me about 2 Jar fulls and great smoke from 1 plant.

15. GC Gorilla Glue Auto at day 15.
    20190427_160333.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Now about 27 days. Started to flower.
    20190509_204916.jpg

17. Autos are rarely done before 10 weeks, and most go 12-14 weeks.
    The GC website gives a FLOWERING time of 55-65 days, which is about 8-9 weeks.
    But it takes about 4-6 weeks to start flower, so the total time from seed, according to GC, will be 12-15 weeks.
    And breeders usually lowball their times to get more customers.

As a first time grower, you might be confusing pistols, which get amber long before trichomes do, with trichomes themselves.
    The pistols are flower parts that are obvious to the naked eye, but the trichomes are little microscopic things, covering everything, that need a magnifying glass to be observed.

Your poor yield is due to harvesting a month or more too early, before the buds had time to fatten and ripen.

18. My Tangie got chopped at 80 days. And I had a lot of input here that it was ready. I think something went wrong with my first two AK’s. Maybe because they veg inside and flowered outside. prob not a good idea. But there’s no way the one that was actually a little over ready should have been ready that soon. It was only 62 days from seed. I think that’s where seedbanks get their numbers. Yes, it’s possible for them to be ready for harvest that soon, but you’re not going to get a good yield. My third AK is still throwing out white pistils at 71 days and I’m hoping she still has a couple of weeks for buds to fatten up. She never looked anything like the other two. She’s been growing outside the whole time. Right now she looks more like a bud plant. But when my Tangie was getting really close there were fan leaves dying off daily. Right now, she’s still green. But she does have a lot of amber pistils. I’m going to grow another round but I’m getting my seeds at Seedsman.

19. Here is a Gorilla Glue by GC seeds.

She is in 3 weeks of flower.
    20190519_204206.jpg 20190519_204123.jpg

Attached Files: