Growers Choice Seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Dead Head OG, Jan 3, 2019.

1. 20200109_194853.jpg 20200109_195207.jpg 20200109_195216.jpg 20200109_195647.jpg 20200109_195750.jpg 20200109_194755.jpg 20200109_194758.jpg 20200109_194802.jpg 20200109_194814.jpg Here are some shots of my current grow. So I planted 2 Pineapple autos from Growers Choice and 2 Gelato from another seed company. The Gelato I thought looked too leggy ago I pulled them because I thought they'd fall over and so replaced with more 2 more Pineapple which did the same thing. So I made a mound with the soil to support the stems when they were seedlings. Unless I mixed something up, they should be 4 Pineapple. Either one is a runt or Gelato? Because it's growing a bit differently than the other 3. The one in the back left is lighter than the others and looks a little bummed. Maybe heat stress? It's been getting pretty warm in there at times, I didn't think they were going to get 4 feet tall from the surface of the soil as I read autoflowers stay short. Only my second grow though so I'm still learning.

2. I had terrible luck with GC as well the one time I bought from them. None of the seeds from the strain I ordered popped. The two freebies that came with it did, I put them in my tomato garden. One got wrecked in a storm and the other turned out male. I like the idea of USA seed banks, I want them to thrive.

3. I’ve been very happy with GC overall. I did have a wrong order which they remedied me quickly. Pooped seeds with success a year after purchase. Wish they had a larger strain selection.

4. Anyone growing their autos know what the flower time is based on, sprout or when they begin to flower? I'm running 2 Candy Kush autos and 2 Blueberry autos right now. Out of six seeds, 5 popped and 4 sprouted. One CK, the coytledons got stuck together from the inner seed husk.Thought I'd let mother nature take care of it...I was wrong, very mutated looking but growing.

5. I sometimes help that process along with tweezers without injuring the root.

Timing in what sense? 8 week usually in flower after a solid 8-10 in Veg (auto maybe slightly less)

6. I've had a recent bad experience with Growers Choice.
    I placed an order for a few different strains.
    I tried to germinate 12 seeds, including 2 GC Afghan autos and 10 non-GC seeds.
    10 of 12 sprouted, but the 2 GC afghan autos showed no signs of life after 2 weeks.

About a week ago I filled out their online contact form, but received no response.
    Today I started a chat with them, and was told that because I didn't have pictures of the failed seeds, they won't be replaced, and no other compensation will happen.

This wasn't my first order, and I've been happy with everything else.
    I would've thought that they would want to keep a repeat customer happy.

There are enough good breeders out there that putting up with this kind of treatment is unnecessary.

7. Ordered on 5/23. Contacted them a week later to find if my order had shipped. Got this reply. Just a heads up if you’re expecting to grow sooner than a month from order date.

“To be completely transparent, with everything that is going on with the pandemic and spring season, we are experiencing significant delays in which an order can take between 3-4 weeks from checkout to delivery. As a result, you will most likely receive your order around June 23. We realize this is not an ideal nor typical experience and are working to expedite as much as we can. Thank you so much in advance for your patience and understanding.“

8. I mean shit happens, this covid horse shit has messed everything up.

I was going to order some more stuff from them but I had bad luck with my great white shark seeds. All three pop Taproot out about an 8th inch then stalled. Which they said they will replace but shipping isnt included so I have to make another order, which I may never do....

I have some other seeds for this fall, but I wanted to grow out some more sativa stuff this summer. I kind of had a feeling this was going to happen so I pulled clones before i flowered my Durban Poison... guess im doing 2 runs of the same this year

• Like Like x 1
  9. meh I will give my 2 cents , I order parts for my business and sell and ship orders daily online . This Covid delay stuff ? sorry that is not the issue in shipping. I get USPS , Fed Ex , Amazon and UPS multiple times a week and use the USPS exclusively for out bound shipping , I can have my orders anywhere in the USA within 5 working days. With that said if their issue is inbound shipping then their delays are a lack of inventory ... in my world don't sell what you don't have it tends to piss off your customer base and they go else where. Also a few banks are saying spring season and 420 yada yada uh that was over 1 month ago and still back logged ? Place seeds in a bubble mailer attach shipping label drop off at USPS

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok im done, not sticking up for them anymore and they have lost my business.

Ive had the same issue with multiple strains where the seeds pop and stall.

I contacted them a while back about 2 of 3 great whites doing this. They said some bs about shipping isnt included so germ the 3rd one and get back to them.

Finally get around to the 3rd one, and suprise it popped and stalled. I inform them and now they evidently have a 60 return policy.

I dont remember this when i had seeds replaced back in 2018, pretty sure it had been 4 or 5 months.

11. Well after almost two weeks I got a notice saying that a shipping label has been created. One step down. Now to see how long it will take them to get the seeds out the door and then to see if they'll grow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. After two weeks they created a shipping label. Now, a week after creating that label, I get this email from the Post Office:

Your shipment was received at 4:19 pm on June 11, 2020 in ELK GROVE, CA 95624. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Not sure what the last part of that means, but looks like it’ll be about a month from order to delivery.

13. Seeds arrived in yesterdays mail. So, a little over three weeks. Not great, but could be worse.

Now to see if they grow ..................

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bought a 3 pack of their GG4 autos about a month ago and just got them the other day.

Stay optimistic boys. :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Stay optimistic. I had to laugh, unfortunately I'm in that same boat waiting on someone at GC to send my order. I'm gonna "keep hope alive" for another week. received payment on 3 june,shipping label on 12 june. They will not get another sale from me unless they pull a miracle out of their ass. Which I don't forsee.

16. Takes more energy out of oneself being negative than positive ;)

Always got to keep hope alive.

17. That boat i was in finally came to shore.beans arrived from GC today. as for me buying from them again? sure will, but after all this covid 19 smoke clears.near future will buy from somewhere on east coast. Now if I can just keep these babies alive.

18. I have some growers choice autos that ill sell for half of what i paid.

19. I have 4 Cindy 99s going

Bought 5 seeds. They look like shit from heat stress

20. Oic

Attached Files: