Growem Bigger In 2013

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by PromixPeat, May 26, 2013.

1. Starting a Journal of this years grow to keep myself on track and keep my activity record to see how much time I put in to this venture each year. I live in the South Western PA area, I have maintained 6 decent spots for the past 15 years or more. I have been lucky to not have rippers find my spots, but I follow my number one rule and thats tell no one of my activity. Of course all my friends and family know I grow every year and I know people have looked for my shat around my house and in-laws farm but I'm smart enough to grow anywhere near my house or family's property, I only grow on private land that I scout thoroughly and check the property lines and who owns it with a PLAT BOOK I get at the Court House, and google maps satellite view. I got most of the breeds I grow from Attitude Seed Bank, but I do have some local breeds that are just as good as most of the breeds I've come across. I've been reading a lot of the blogs here and find I learn something almost every time. So I hope maybe I can pass on some knowledge I've learned over the years through trial and error, and hopefully I get some info to make my life easier too. 
         I am an old head so forgive me in advance for my lack of computer skill and etiquette. I'm in a partnership with a life long friend in a paint contracting business full time so i may not update this journal as often as I would like. 
        I only started a few Whiteberry Auto's April 15th because I went to Denver for the Cannabis Cup and didn't want to many seedlings unguarded while I was away for the weekend. They are looking good at this point with small buds starting to form now at 1 foot tall. This is my first time growing and Auto on purpose, Last year I had a freebee from attitude "LA Musa" It didn't turn out so well since I was treating it as an photo-period breed. I have since started many more feminized and regular photo-period breeds since, and have 57 in nice raised beds of sandy native soil mixed with Pro-mix 40%, Worm castings 10%, with Seabird guano, krushed egg shells, and Kyle Kushmans Microbial tea "OG tea" top dressed. I try to stay as organic as possible but I do use some 20-20-20 during the transplant phase to help with the stress. I have just finished that spot today and only have 5 more spots that just need the dirt turned over and plants that are very ready to go in. I have plans to make 2 new spots this year but we will see about that after I get these ones full. This is a late start for me this year due to deadlines with my painting contractor and the trip to Denver. Which by the way is a nice vacation for heads like me. I saved enough money on weed while I was there to pay for my plane trip. "If I bought weed back home that is." 
        I will give a list of breeds in each spot as I get them in the ground. In this first spot I have 5 Querkle from TGA, 6 Karma Bitch, 2 UVA freebies from Rare Dankness at the Cup, 2 MK Ultra, 2 Bubba Kush, 2 Goji OG, 2 Hazeman seeds Madness, 2 Double white Cheese, 1 Burmese Kush by TH Seeds, 5 Mendocino Madness, 1 Lambo, 1 Chem91, 2 Bay 11, 12 Blue Cheese x G-13 HP '88, 12 Cali Kush x G-13 HP '88. All regular Male/Female seeds in this spot. It took about 30hrs to complete this spot. It is 15' x 40' approximate with 4 tiers made from fallen tree trunks and sandstone. I will post pic's if I can remember to take my camera. I've always been too paranoid to take pic's. although I have a few from last year and one left from 1995 when I grew a 15' monster. I threw the rest away cause I'm paranoid. Here are a couple pic's of two other spots from last fall. I am taking this week off from work to work...lol

Attached Files:

2.      Just had a long night of transplanting and just made it out of the danger zone before sunrise. I had to jog the last 1/2 mile, thankfully is was mostly down hill cause I ain't conditioned for that kind of exercise yet. I figured I'd update whilst I wind down for a short nap before the rug rats start jumping on me. 
         The site I worked on last night is probably my favorite because it gets 10hrs sunlight on the south side of a hill, there is a small spring that is only 100yds away and no one can access the surrounding land without being thrown off by a disabled (MS) farmer who watches it like a hawk during the day but lives about 45 minutes away (he must hate his wife cause he's never home). So the nights all mine. The native soil is nice and dark breaks up easy when mixing in Promix and worm castings.
         I hauled in a bale and half of promix bx, shovel,  two 5 gallon buckets full of transplants, and my back back full of necessities. (I love my game cart). I put in 14 females I started 4/23. I hope I can remember but here it goes 3 Jamaican Dream, 3 GSC, 1 Pineapple Express, 1 OG#18, 1 OG Kush, 1 818 Headband, 1 Snowcap LA, 1 DinaChem, 2 G-13 Seeds Cheese and I think there was one more but I didn't even have time to stop and smoke one when I was done. I sprayed deer repelant, and put jigger cuttings on top of the fresh dirt to deter coons from digging them up, but I forgot to spread hair clippings, didn't get to put chicken wire around 3 or 4 of them and I had to leave my game cart in the brush by my spot cause It was a full moon and dawn was approaching rapidly. It was nice and bright to be out in the woods all night. 
         I Still have 4 more plants for that site and I have to dig out my water holes and its done. Hopefully tonight!

3.       I didn't make it out last night, But I did remember the one feminized sprout I couldn't remember I put in spot #2 is Kandy Kush. I have 5 more for that spot that I'm packed and ready to leave at sunset. I have a pic of a few of the one's I have left to put out. I put them in a wagon so i can move them with the sun or hide them behind the shed when company is here. there are more but I can't take a pic rite now cause neighbor is mowing the lawn and i don't want to raise suspicion of why I'm taking pic's of the fence line. I'm going to get a pic of spot #2 tonight if all goes well. (no rain). 
         Tonight the plan is to get 1 HSO blue Dream, 1 G-13 Blue OG, 1 Emerald Triangle Blueberry Headband, 1 female seeds C99, 1 Dinafem Moby Dick. I only have 4 holes that were used before, so I'll have lots of fun playing with roots and rocks on one hole and plenty of mud to remove from my water holes. 
         Thanks to mjmamma25 and OSUB for the likes on my posts. 

Attached Files:

4. Looking good. Guerrilla growing is hard work. Have you met any of the guys in Old Porks thread? Lots of the best guerilla growers congregate there. So much good info to be had. I've learned a lot from them myself that I can apply in my backyard grows. Anywho, keep the pics coming. :)

5. #5 outdoorgrower1, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    man I love your style :yummy:  reminds me of myself haha. are those 2 pics you posted from last year a bunch of plants in 1 big batch? if so how many? I have really been debating finding a good stealthy spot this year and putting like 8 plants side by side, to see if I can pull a pound from them total. my thought process is that it would take a lot of hard work and time off my hands by not having to dig numerous holes and searching for multiple spots. simple & effective :metal: bro your starts this year look beasty. nice short thick stature, love it! no doubt about it i'll be hanging around this journal until harvest time!!!

6. #6 PromixPeat, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
         Thanks Outdoorgrower1, Yes those pics are of two spots that I had over a hundred plants to start then they get thinned out pretty good once the male start to show. And when the start to bud pretty good I pull whats not showing a sex yet or isn't getting squeezed out by a nicer female. I have 4 spots that I do that with. I usually dig several trenchs 2-3ft wide by 10-15ft long sideways on a south facing slope so to catch water and sun. those pics only show a portion of the plants there. I put in 550+ plants last year, 500 of which were in 4 spots and over half were males or morph's but I still yielded around 11-12lbs. I had 2 other spots that I put in only females less than 25 in each with nicer holes, more space between and more water got 4lbs. This lead me to call this journal Grow'em Bigger in 2013 because I'm not putting in half as many but expect to get bigger plants and yield. Well, I watched Nico Escondido Grow Like A Pro and shit my pants when I seen 7-8 pound plants. and that's what got me thinking more plants isn't always better. I still can't bring myself to grow only a few in a spot though. I planed on putting in 35 at first spot but ended up with 57, but that's better that the 120 last year I guess. 

Thank You MJMama I have been following OP's journal and have learned plenty from them already. Hard to believe I have been doing things the hard way all these years when all I had to do was get on the internet and read a little. Being from the east where you have to hide from everyone cause you don't know who's cool you learn not to talk to people. When I went to Colorado I learned there is a large community of people just like me. That's how I found this forum or my community as I like to call it now.

I did go out last night and finish the second spot putting in what I wanted plus female Punky Lion from SamSara Seeds. each hole is appox 4'x4' and 2' deep with one plant in each. When i got to my spot at 12am i found my Snow Cap LA dug up by a coon but still alive and several other holes messed with but no plants or roots damaged. Sorry no pic's yet

7.         The first time to this last spot I had an animal about 30yds down wind of me snap a large twig about 3am, I threw a large rock toward the sound and heard something rustle the weeds and went quiet, I waited a few minutes and heard it getting closer (about 15yds now) so I tossed another rock into the thickett and this time I heard it take off running away from me and I never heard it again that night. The next time, (night before last) I heard a coyote call from the near buy field about 150yds away around 2am. When I left my spot about 3:30am I got about 150yds away from the tree line I shined my flashlight toward where I exited and I saw eyes glowing. I know coyotes have never attacked anyone and I trap them every winter so I know how they behave during the day. So I went out in the evening before sunset and sat in the field on an old tree that had fallen and watched the area in question and I saw a pair of yotes playing in the field between me and the tree line. I got one, a 40# female here is a pic of her.

I had an encounter in 1996 when at 2am I'm in my spot in the brush 20ft from the edge of a corn field with a five gallon bucket of water in my hand   when I hear corn stalks breaking like a horse is charging and this loud deep growling, it stopped what sounded like just the other side of the large wild rose bushes and pounded the ground and I never heard it again. I shit my pants that time, mabe the smell scared him away. If I had to guess I would say it was a black bear. 

Has anyone else had any animal encounters on there guerrilla grows? 

Attached Files:

8.       Here are some pic's of sprouts that still need to go in the ground. The taller ones on the fence line are all crosses with Hazeman Seeds 88 G-13/Hashplant male and CH9 Cluster, Eva Seeds Jamaican Dream, and Dinafem White Siberian. There are a couple more of these crosses in the wagon, and the rest are store bought brands which I will list as I get them in the ground. I'm shooting for tonight to Put all the crosses out, but this heat wave might delay that.
           I posted an album of last years grow in the Gallery. I don't know if there is a way to link it to this thread though. I just called it PromixPeat if you want to look for it. 

Attached Files:

9. PromixPeat, you ain't no newbie to growing bro.  Growing that many plants is amazing.  Do you get some help managing them?

Have you used the OG tea in the past?  I'm trying fungi this year, and I'm excited to see the results.

I watched the video you mentioned, very good stuff.

Thanks for posting!  I will be watching.

10.        Thank you Uncle Benny, Yes I have a very trust worthy friend that does 4 hail mary spots with me. Yogi is a true hillbilly, He couldn't do a indoor grow cause he hasn't had power other than a generator since I've known him, like 22 years. He makes me look like a city slicker, with my fancy lights and stuff..lol. But he is dedicated to growing and honest. We are going to put in our second big spot tomorrow morning. We are going for 5 spots together this year and I'm going to put in a 3rd spot by my self. Plus I have a crazy little spot I'm putting auto's, it's rite in the middle of an open field that has all day sun, and a little creek but no cover. No one will ever see them if they stay under 3ft tall. which isn't a problem so far with the Whiteberry Auto. 3 more weeks they should be done anyway.
          This is the first time using the OG tea but I already notice a big difference in the root systems when transplanting,they are very stout this year too.
           I checked out your grow too and your girls look great. You have skills and great taste in genetics. I'm subbed 

11.       Went to water spot #1 today and got some pic's of it and planted another Goji OG if found. with the other two. Pic's suck but the plants are doing great. No animal damage and 10 gallons of water was just enough to hit all of them with 2 20oz water bottles. I will need 20 gallon next time.
          I made it out put in spot #3 today and got in the 88 G-13/Hashplant crosses, 6 88 x Cluster, 5 88 x White Siberian, 3 88 x Jamaican Dream and 2 Desert thunder bag seed. I took a pic during the beginning of planting but it was so hot when done all I could think about was the A/C in the truck so I didn't get after pic. 
          The other pics are some more starts waiting for a good home.

Attached Files:

12. wow brotha! cant wait to see all those in full bud! I have a shit load of bubba kush seeds that I got from a buddy that's been growing it for years, and im thinking about doing me a patch like that. like maybe 20 in 1 spot. just gotta find a very stealth spot to do that. also the helicopters worry me because that's the spots they usually find. I may say fuck it and go for it though!

13.          Thanks for following along with the journal Outdoorgrower1. This is my first time growing the Bubba Kush and it has the characteristics I look for so far. I hope it tastes as good as it looks. You can probably notice I'm addicted to ordering seeds from the Tude by all the different breeds that I only have 1 or 2 of. Those damn freebies keep sucking me in...lol  Although, I bought a pack of Bay 11 from Ken Estes at the cup for $45 compared to the $101 Attitude is asking.(He was out of GDP by the time I found his booth). I also got a 10 pack of Querkle from TGA subcool that was $35, (Attitude $91.40) all I had was $20's but it was the last hour of the last day and they didn't have change for a $20 so they just gave it to me for $20 bucks, then passed me a fat joint a couple times and talked about there operation. That was cool.  I wish I could just order strait from these companies without having to order via international mail.

Those big brown spots of dirt in the middle of the woods are easy to see rite now, I can see the rows on google maps satellite view.. But in a couple of weeks you wont be able to see the ground, and I always tie down those girls in different directions to give it that brier pacth look. I don't know if that is why I've gotten away with it or not, but I see those getto birds searching all the time out here in the cut, but never before July or I wouldn't get away with those bigger spots. Go for it Outdoorgrower1 you only live once and its not long enough IMO.

14. Promix, did you go to the cannabis cup in Denver?  Did you need a MJ medical card to smoke and buy?  I see the 2013 is in Amsterdam that would be really neat to go to, but probably the Denver one was really something to see.

Savings on the seed prices helps pay for the trip.

You are like a non-stop worker bee or a johnny cannabis..apple... seed.

15.           Benny, Yes I did go to this years Cannabis Cup. It was the first US recreational cannabis cup so I had to go. Plus my wifes best friend lives there so I had a free place to stay. I will be going again next year too, hope to see you there. I couldn't buy anything without a medical card because the laws weren't settled on wording or something, but I smoked at Civic Park downtown at 4:20 on 4/20 in front of many police. First thing I did was go to the green mile found a bar beside a dispensary and started talking with the only other person there at 2pm, who happen to be a medical card holder that just moved there from back east and we hung out for three days. He hooked me up with as much as I wanted. We even went to the cup together the first day. At the Cup you didn't need a card to try out the dabs, waxes, bongs, joints, and edibles at every booth practically, but you couldn't buy any. Even the seeds in the recreational area were free (wink wink) if you bought a $45 raffle ticket from Sin City Seeds you got of a 15 pack of free seeds ( I got Sour Jefe). Rare Dankness was there giving away free 2 pack samples of several different regular seeds (I got the UVA). But I did obtain a medical patient arm band which gave me access to the medication section where I could actually buy the seeds not a raffle ticket. Next year anyone over 21 should be able to buy it from a dispensary. Anyone reading this from CO please chim in with any knowledge of this being in effect or not.
          I have become obsessed with growing the last few years more than ever. I think its cause I have three kids under 5 at home so I find myself looking for reasons to leave the madness for a while, that plus I smoke at least 4.5 lbs a year, and I make a bunch of hash oil for edibles I give a couple people with medical needs and I supplied up until last month a cancer patient who lost his battle at age 54. So it takes a lot of plants to make sure if I loose a couple spots It wont hurt me. I live for the outdoors day or night. 

16. I would really love to go to a cannabis cup,  but finding the time to do something fun like that is always difficult.  I think this years cup is in Amsterdam which also puts it out of my price range.

This year I'd like to help out a dude with liver cancer.

17. Glad to see someone that's pretty close. I'm on the border right next to Youngstown Ohio. You are doing it right if you can grow for 15 years and not get ripped. Tip my hat and best of luck this year as well.

I think there having them again in Amsterdam and U.S. next year. I hope cause I can't afford that kind of trip either. 

High Jaygrass, glad back at you. Harvest Moon in Youngstown used to be my go to spot for supplies back when I had indoor going. Now I use HTG Supply in Cranberry. They have free tea Tuesday's where you get a free gallon of this stuff he brews in the shop. Real cool guy's, ask for a free t-shirt too.

I went out yesterday and put in spot #4. Here is a before and after pic. the after pic's suck but you can get an idea the work that went into it. This is year #3 for this spot. There are 19 female and 2 regular Pinewarp's. The females are 1 Dinafem Moby Dick, 3 Dinafem White Widow, 1 DinaChem, 2 Barney's farm Sweet Tooth, 1 HSO Orig. Sour Diesel, 1 Samsara Punky Lion, 1 G-13 Labs Pineapple Express, 1 C99, 1 Cali Connection 818 Headband, 2 Royal Queen Special Queen #1, 1 RQ Critical, 1 Sweet Seeds Green Poison, and 1 Paridise seeds Sweet Purple. The last pic is of a WhiteBerry Auto in a cut off 5 gallon bucket that has a couple weeks left of flower.

I'm going out in the morning again to put in another 20 females, Hopefully I get better pic's this time.

Attached Files:

19. :eek:

:eek:  me 2  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

20. #20 Uncle Benny, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    It sounds like we are all relatively close together.

I say we all meet up at Chris Perez's house and have a trimming party at the end of the season!

F'ing cops got nothing better to do.