Growbox size computer

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GreenReactor, Jan 11, 2015.

1. What height do plants start growing buds? 
    I found a growbox that's slightly bigger than a desktop computer case made to look like a computer case, it holds 2 plants side by side. Was thinking I'd grow in that, make 2 clones somewhere along the way, then harvest all when the time comes and replace with the clones. How efficient would this be with autofem seeds that have like a 300-450 gr/m2 
    Think this is worth it or should I get a bigger growbox? 
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread. First post. 

2. #2 MrBelvedere, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    For normal seeds, the height of when it starts growing buds/flowering is dependent on when you make the "flip" from 24 hour constant light to 12/12 light.

For autoflower seeds, it depends on the strain you choose. Any strain with "Lowryder" in it will stay short "automatically".  However, strains with Lowryder may  not as potent as other strains. But will be easier for a first grow maybe.

http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/  that is the name of the growing style you mentioned. 
    HTH.

3. You'd probably be looking at 7-10grams/plant yield. Get something bigger.

4. I would never attempt to grow in something as small as a pc tower. I have a tall dresser size grow box for seedlings and clones, and I wouldn't even consider flowering in that. Try a closet or something with a ceiling of at least six feet. If you don't have a space like that, try finding an old armoire to retrofit for growing.

5. If theres an option that you can have a bigger grow space... why wouldnt you? Micro grows are fun and all but lets be serious, thats all it really is. If you want dank bud and high yeilds you need space bro.

6. i built a grow box over 4ft tall and about 2sq metres inside i wana grow 3 4 plants and i have my grow lamp on rope above with apart of the top that lifts off with room for a fan inside, will i have enough room??

7. I have seen thoses tiny boxes used before. They are no my prefferance, but you will get some nice buds