Growbox idea?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by boobsaregreat, Oct 24, 2008.

1. So my friend and I are tired of trying to find green, its impossible to come by out here. We want to start growing our own. We are getting a house this spring, and are thinking of putting up system in the garage, or a shed (if we're lucky enough to get one).

Here's what we're thinking so far. We want to find a cheap, old, nasty looking fridge; gut it and set up a grow op in it. But we had a couple concerns.

1. Locking it up. How could we do this without just throwing a chain around the handles and strapping it with a huge padlock?
    2. Too obvious? Would it be too obvious to have a shitty old fridge sitting in the garage?
    Then we though of using a freezer. Those big ones that just sit in your basement. But I don't think that these would have enough height.

We also threw around ideas using a gun cabinet, free standing closet, or tv stand.

What we're trying to avoid is putting a box in a closet. We want stealth.

Thoughts and ideas would be awesome. We want to get started asap.

2. why don't you just get a storage cabinet from a hardware store...this is what I did...looks decent too...

3. It is going to get hot as Hades in a shed or garage. I'd suggest growing in a spare closet indoors...or if you've got a decent yard put your plants outside as part o the landscaping. You'd be surprised how easy MJ blends in to the legit landscaping.