Grow your own marijuana billboards!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by housefullOweed, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Okay so i was watching some occupy wall street RT news clip on youtube and i heard a site mentioned that offered to pay for an occupy wall street billboard in time square if enough people visited the site. Needless to say this got me very interested in the site so i decided to check it out, upon arriving at the site i discovered that the basic idea is that the people can get a billboard put up that supports their message by splitting the cost of the billboard... Anyways yeah i just thought that this was a pretty cool concept so i figured i would tell you guys about it, EpicStep EpicStep

I also came up with a campaign for a billboard but i am not sure if it has been approved yet any ways here is a link to my campaign for " Grow your own marijuana billboards", EpicStep if you agree please comment or contact the site in support of the message. Here is my sales pitch for the billboard.i also thought a free Marc emery billboard would be a good idea to...

For far to long the governments prohibition of marijuana has gone on, the illegality of this harmless plant and other drugs has put unfathomable amounts of money into the hands of drug lords and street gangs. The laws we have in place to protect us from these supposedly awful substances are creating a bigger problem than the actual substances, with these laws the government has virtually financed the deaths of millions of people over the decades, and put us further and further in debt every day we have let it go on, prohibition didn't work in the 1920s and it doesn't work now. The American government spends 8 billion dollars a year in tax payer dollars to fight a war on marijuana that they can't win, while Americans spend another 8 billion dollars a year on marijuana that goes to Mexico and other country's helping their economy's not ours. I am a firm believer in Marc Emery's over grow the world philosophy and i believe that instead of giving our money to other county's we should be buying American and supporting our economy, for this reason i would like to see billboards set up advertising the growing of your own marijuana, stop financing the drug lords and street gangs, lets over grow the cartels, the street gangs, the government, and the world...

2. I've thought about using advertisements to help our cause for a while too. Freedom of speech should protect us....

What if we had the first commercial during the super bowl? And then more afterwards during the superbowl. That would reach national headlines. The commercial would need to be powerful and well written.... Just imagine the controversy that would cause:smoke:

3. I tried to have pro marijuana stickers on my car while living in Illinois. I got pulled over so many times it wasn't worth it. As far as billboards and such, they attack the board owner if they don't like the message, and the owner more often than not refuses to re-let the space. City and county councils often draft ordinance that such advertising can't exist within X of a school or community, making useless. Look at how they're trying to derail the MMJ movement, all the same tactics would be used for any marijuana advertising. The best we have at the moment is the internet, which is cordoned off in such a way that only people looking for the info can find it. That's the issue we face.

4. If the FCC wouldn't interfere we could use T.V. broadcasting(having a Cannabis T.V. station) but sadly, that isn't likely to happen .

5. What if NORML, ASA, or some group of the sort buys the billboard. Then really I don't think they can do anything to stop it.

Imagine what people could do for the movement if people bought the billboards around everywhere. I mean pick a town like the occupy movement does or pick a state or a highway. Then every town has all of these pro-weed billboards up everywhere. The billboards should tell the number of deaths associated with alcohol, nicotine, caffiene, and marijuana every year. Except with marijuana instead of saying every year, it says in history. Then they will try to stop the signs. Some local governments will be ambitious and flat out ban the signs, but then the owners can sue. Especially if the sign was fine when it was advertising a product previously. The owners of the sign should win in court. Then, some other local governments will try to go around the rules and start passing bs advertising ordinances. For example, the signs must be away from schools, etc... Then this would bring awareness to the cause.

Really why stop there. The problem with the weed movement is we never get any media attention. All the candidates who have a chance to win (rep vs dem) will never really give a shit about weed let alone medical marijuana. I watch the news when I watch TV. None of the major media stations could really care about legalization, Ron Paul, Libertarians, Civil rights issues, medical marijuana, etc.... The media controls how our country runs. Weed won't pass until it becomes mainstream. Everyone has to be bombarded with real facts about weed. I remember when prop 19 first came around in CA. Everyone started talking about it. I mean everyone I knew talked about it. Not just weed friendly people, but people who don't smoke or I would never tell I smoke (teachers, parents friends, etc). It became a serious issue and people got past, at least where I am, a lot of the misinformation about weed. We need this push everywhere. The only way to raise awareness about the cause is the media. We need commercials on TV, Radio, billboards, more brave people with bumper stickers, planes flying flags that read "legalize it", etc... We need adds! Also people need to call into radio shows and talk about legalizing weed (npr, etc) by bringing it up whenever they can (like people talking about jobs, call in and say weed will create many jobs). We need to go to every website comment section, poll, petition, etc and attack them with pro weed comments.

We out to go out and do this stuff. Why are there no protests? Why aren't people fighting this more? This is getting old and I am a legitimate medical patient in Cali and can't imagine what its like to be in an illegal state.

6. What if we made it a medical cannabis TV station? They are allowing, at least for now, harborside to do the reality show.

7. I'd rather have a billboard put up that looks something like this.

These are actual U.S death statistics
    Tobacco 435,000
    Alcohol 85,000
    Marijuana 0
    No deaths have ever occurred from ingesting cannabis,

8. Thats exactly what we need

9. Thank all your Medical Marijuana patients that voted against Prop 19. Why? Because people are corrupt, and looking out for number 1. They couldn't stroll around with 2LBS selling to people without cards at street value with no risk, not taxed, and maybe a little bit paid for with state assistance. WHY WOULD THEY GIVE THAT UP? For the greater good of society? LOL! They care.:rolleyes: Same with these Government officials. They are humans too. It is sad really

10. Big turning point when I talk to people with cards voting against prop 19. I wanted to kill them kinda. Too many Instant gratification. Too many sheeple. Too many people who GET MAD at conflicting facts. What is that? Getting mad at facts that don't align with your previous thoughts on a subject? what is that? seriously though. Why?

11. Marijuana is safer than water. I can OD on water. I talk with people about this. They say, It messes up your lungs. I say vaporize, they say it kills motivation, drive. I say, what gives you the right to tell people what to do. They say, I didn't pass the law. Ultimately, there is some sort of Hate there. Bottom line, is it is safer than Ice cream, so I don't see the problem. If cartels kill one person over marijuana, people should legalize it right?

I get on these news sites and people want the police to mess these occupy people up. Why? If people are not physically hurting you, Why wish harm on them? Warmongers. This is what racism breeds from

12. #12 housefullOweed, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    This should be a billboard if some one could please make a draft so we could post it on the site it would be awesome, also if anyone would like to remake my grow your own billboard that would be cool to, i don't have very good photo shop skills so mine kinda sucks...

13. Lets actually do this.... anyone know any people that could get this done? There are tons of members here. Someone has to know somebody that can get this done.

14. I could do it but it would prolly be pretty crude im not very good with Photoshop...

15. We need ads somewhere else too like on websites and newspapers. We need to raise weed awareness.

16. I agree we do however, at this moment i believe these billboards would be our best advertising medium because we can, pay for it as a group and get our message out to millions of people if we were to advertise in a place like time square... If this web site catches on we can get some real issues out there for every one to see, and for every one to talk about.

17. Thats pretty good it doesn't exactly fit the template though lol.

18. I received an email back from epic step about my campaign.