Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grow your own bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Beds31, May 21, 2012.

1. Bout to start growing some plants in the basement. Any ideas,stories?

2. Becareful

3. Did it once, and in doing so realized that my basement is one of the worst places to grow anything because of how much moisture is down there. Got mold on the tops of my soil in a week or two. If you're serious about basement growing, I'd check to make sure the conditions are adequate first.

Furthermore, if stealth is an issue, don't grow in the basement. Odor will travel right through to the next floor rather easily.

4. What ever you do don't post anything on any counter culture forums...

5. #5 sativa syborg, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    yep :)

got a grow journal in the organics subforum. 2nd year...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Although this points out a couple of things that could be problems there are ways to deal with this. Thousands of people grow in their basements.

Do a search on how to set up a grow room. You will want to deal with the moisture and mold issues those are issues for you.

One thing. Beginning a grow is like starting a relationship. It will take time, money, and dedication. You need to enjoy growing. For me that means installing as much automation in my grow as possible because of my busy schedule.

It took me quite a long time to tweak my grow to the point that, if I keep up with my relationship analogy, I feel like we have moved in together and are doing fine. :smoke:

7. I risk being banned at such an early stage but a certain forum with the initials R, I and U might be a good idea; then there is actually visiting the growing subforums, not a general discussion area and just going to the local library for grow guides.

8. [quote name='"LittleWolfTaima"']I risk being banned at such an early stage but a certain forum with the initials R, I and U might be a good idea; then there is actually visiting the growing subforums, not a general discussion area and just going to the local library for grow guides.[/quote]

The site with the initials G and C has a fantabulous growing section as well. I've learned more here than anywhere else.

But yes OP. Read all you can on here, and look into getting a book such as "the cannabis grow bible" or something related. I don't know the best book, so maybe some other blade can give advice on that part.

9. Head down to the cultivation section and read, read, and read some more. Keep in mind everyone's got their own way of doing things and just try to keep it simple when you're starting off.

The first things you have to figure out is your budget and how much you need to yield (how much you smoke)... then you can go from there.

10. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']Head down to the cultivation section and read, read, and read some more. Keep in mind everyone's got their own way of doing things and just try to keep it simple when you're starting off.

The first things you have to figure out is your budget and how much you need to yield (how much you smoke)... then you can go from there.[/quote]

I agree, gc has all the information you need to pull off a successful grow. Check out the absolute beginners section and read the stickies. They will give you the basics, and you can check the other sections and always ask questions.

Growing isnt for everyone. You get out what you put in. However, just the fact that you dont have to mess with dealers and ridiculous prices. My second grow netted me enough that I would have spent around 3k had I bought it on the street.

Dont tell, dont smell, and dont sell and you will avoid 99% of what gets growers busted.