grow ventilation problems :(

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by stlnation, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #21 Thunderstrike420, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

Random opinion tossed around as fact can be somewhat misleading. Everywhere that "I" have lived, the laws of thermodynamics actually did apply. Heat rises, cold sinks. Attic fans remove the hottest air in a home (at the very top of the peak of the attic) allowing the cooling system to operate with more efficiency. It is possible to have an attic fan installed incorrectly and if that happens, a number of things can occur, but in general, no matter how hot it gets in "your" neighborhood, attic fans are a plus.

See diagram http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ructure2.png&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13128407680351

Peace

2. Im really interested to know why it didn't work?

I know my attic is hotter than outside and its only logical that removing the hot air and replacing it with colder air would help... but that's just "in theory"?

I did add roof vents and gable vents to my place and now my place doesn't "hold/store" the day time heat through the night anymore. Now I can successfully cool my house down each night. I know this doesn't help, I just fogred id mention why I thought an attic fan would help.