grow update

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zoolander, Sep 7, 2008.

1. #1 zoolander, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
    hi guys just thought i would let you know how my grow is doing! i had started my first grow (an outdoor one) back in late may/early june. that did not work out so well. i killed a bunch of seedlings making newbie mistakes, plus the deer etc ate the rest. i ended up with one plant left over--a male. :(

so i started a new indoor bagseed grow using a plywood cabinet i built with a bunch of cfls, box fan, high flow computer fans for ventilation, etc. this worked out really well. unfortunately due to a security problem i had to move all the plants outside suddenly. after i moved them out it rained for like 3-4 days straight. despite all this only one plant died, a tiny one that i didnt care about anyway, and the rest flourished. i did cull a few that were just slow growers. i identified two males and culled them.

now i just went to check on things again, and get this, the two biggest and fastest growing ones are female! they are two foot tall, a bit stretched at the bottom but not too bad, and still growing like crazy. one of them is a hermie though but no big deal. i also have another one of a different, slower growing, but better smoking, strain that is about a foot tall and is also female! still have several that were started later, bout 7-8 inches tall, and have not sexed yet. i live in a hot climate with mild winters and the first frost is not til like december or even january, so they can pretty much grow as long as they need to before cutting. i am guessing the two big ones are indica dominant so harvest should be in 6 weeks or so! can't wait!

by the way this would not have been possible without all the info i learned here, so thanks to all. i used some FF ocean forest soil (mixed with 5-5-5 happy frog) after i killed a bunch of seedlings with miracle gro, and they are doing perfect. no health problems whatsoever. they are in a swampy area and it's humid, but thankfully theres absolutely no problems with bugs or fungus so far. using the info i have learned this year i should have a huge harvest next year!!!

2. #2 zoolander, Sep 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
    hey guys just wanted to update, my shit is doing great! i have two huge plants, one female and 2+ foot tall, the other hermie of same height (separated well away behind dense undergrowth to prevent pollination), another big female 1.5+ foot, and now i got two more 1+ foot females that just sexed, and another just like those that looks like its gonna be female too! so far i have only had to cull two males from the bunch and the rest have been females! all of them are in perfect health (growing in FF, some later transplanted to miracle gro due to not having enough FF) and growing like crazy. the buds on all of them look wonderful. i cant believe how lucky i am to have gotten to this stage without problems and have so many females. im so excited and cant wait to smoke these mofos!

all the plants are from bagseed but the good thing is all of them are from good smoke so while this may not be some bomb ass white widow or anything its still gonna be a damn good smoke i think. and i know that 2+ foot is not normally what you would call huge but its huge compared to how big the plants were indoors before i was forced to put them outside. and they are not done growing yet so im sure by the time harvest comes around they will be at least 3-4 foot and have a nice yield. what do you guys think??

3. had to kill the hermie cause the stupid thing was growing way more pollen sacks than bud, but that leaves me with 6 females which is plenty, plus a 5 gallon bucket full of good soil to transplant one of the nicer females into