grow to room too crowded ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ilbiondo, Jul 4, 2015.

1. #2 ilbiondo, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    anyone pls ? I add some info :
    my plants are Dutch Passion : CBD Skunk Haze and they are about 3 month old.

2. #3 ilbiondo, Jul 5, 2015
    should I put them in flowering ?Thank you in advance for any reply.

3. They do look a little big for that space and when they flip into flowering they will get bigger. I would consider cutting them back some to take clones and will have a topping affect on the mothers. Give them a week or so after you cut them back before you flip them into flowering to give them time to recover.

4. [​IMG] How much do you think they will grow when they flip in flowering ?

So you suggest that I top the main stem instead rather than fimming it ?
    If I understand correctly this would help me grow the plant more "horizontally/bushy" am i right ?

Because in my current situation i lack space both between the light and the tallest plant, but expecially
    between each plant and its neighbours .... [​IMG]
    In details i fear that many leafs don't get enough light to feed they're stems.

5. you want to top the plants to give them room to stretch when you flip to 12/12. During the first weeks of flower you can expect each plant to get about 5 times taller than they are now. So if you flower a 1 foot plant it will be 5 feet by the time it is ready for harvest.

6. They will not get 5 times taller. Depending on if it is a indica or sativa it will grow 1.5-2.5 times it size before flower

7. You most definitely should top the them now and put into flower 3-4 days later and u should be fine

8. Thank you all [​IMG] ! Sorry for writing soo late it's too hot here... I have been asleep almost the whole day [​IMG]

9. #10 ilbiondo, Jul 5, 2015
    I don't get it ... You mean it will grow 1.5 -2.5 its size during flowering and before harvest ?
    Because to me your sentence sounds like you're saying that it will grow 1.5 - 2.5 during vegetative grow....

10. When you switch to 12/12 it will stretch the first couple days then stop stretching. It will either grow double or triple it size. For instance if you veg until it's 20" tall it will stretch to 40" or so during first week of flower then the plant will stop growing and focus on producing flowers/buds

11. Thx ! Now I get it ☺ . I really must hurry !

12. #13 TinTizzy, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    I would take like a foot off the tops and trim up the bottoms...and transplant

13. Looks like a good idea ... but how much would you trim of the bottoms ?