Grow tips

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Meno-grower, Dec 27, 2016.

1. So as the title reads i just started my first indoor grow and would appreciate any tips .
    Im growing in an 80x80x80 grow tent which is 6ft.7in. Im using a 1000 watt dimmable hps/mh ballast and currently have it at 50% power at 3 feet away from the ground. On 18hrs on 6 off cycle.
    The temps. Range from 65-70f and humidity 40-45.
    I do not have any oscillating fans at the moment but plan on getting some this week.
    In the pots i have a feminised blue kush by dinafem , and feminised purple trainwreck by humbohumbodlt.
    I just put them in the pots today not sure what size they are but they look like 3/4 of a gallon i have them in hp pro mix soil and plan on transplanting them to 15 gallon smart pots with fox farm ocean forest when the time comes :).
    I have blue planet nutrients 3 part high yield deluxe kit but not sure on when i should start feeding and how often i should feed ? Every time i water?
    I also have a ph meter and ppm meter that i will be using when i start feeding them nutrients . i also dont have any ph up or ph down i will probably be buying some this week too anyways here are some pics . of my setup
    Would love any advice or tips .to help me grow better meds

Attached Files:

2. Most fertilizers have directions for use on the back label .

3. really, no ones commented on this yet. Alright brother man, let me see let me see...

1. I know nothing about your nutrient line other than it looks synthetic, and when dealing with synthetics(basically steroid versions of the organic supplements) its good to give your plants a break between feedings; feed, water, feed, water, and finally ending in a 2 week flush of pure water, 2-3x the amount that would fit in the pot. I realize that's down the line a ways, but its good to jot down and remember. Most synthetics if not all are heavily salt based. that salt will hold in your soil and literally burn the roots and soil around it, thus the need for the on off on watering schedule.
    2. Its always good to start with like, a solo cup size container or smaller when "popping" seeds.this gives the plant good root structure when you pot up smallest, smaller, small, medium, etc. Your plants will still develop just fine, however they will not attain the mass root structure as quickly.
    3. The seed contains all the enzymes and nutrients it will need to survive and grow for the first 2 weeks of life(roughly) the first set of leaves they produce prior to the saw tooth true leaves we all recognize contain all of the vital nutrition the plant needs for its first stage of development.
    4. Save yourself start up $$ cost $$ by sprouting your seedlings under a less intense light. A CFL(compact fluorescent) is bright enough to start most seeds for the first week or two. Im not saying it will happen and in many cases, its semi-rare but your light could potentially bleach out the tender seedlings. though your distance from pot to light looks good and safe.
    5. Research training methods like LST, FIM, Topping, and Super Cropping
    6. Research your strains lineage. Seedfinder is a good place to look if you know the breeder.
    7. Less is more.
    8. Co2 will boost plant development but you need to raise your temps for Co2 to be maximized.
    9. Always feel free to ask questions.
    -Thebiglabluntski

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol thanks for commenting i thought nobody would :(
    So i found the label it says to feed upto twice a week .
    Also this morning when i checked the tent the temp. Was at 54f hopefully thats not a problem.
    & the seedlings still havent broken through the soil hopefully they do soon im so excited lol ill post some pics when they do and im also germinating a feminised blue widow seed , a feminized nordic kalashnikov and some og kush seeds i got from an og kush clone . ill post some pics. And keep u guys updated

5. [QUOTE="a feminized nordic kalashnikov [/QUOTE]

What is that??? No worries, glad i could help, if i did. If you have any more questions, get at me. make sure your temps dont fluctuate more than 10-15 degrees between lights on and off. Any kind of severe shift and your plants will show it.

6. Alrighty and idk what nordic kalashnikov is either i got the seed for free when i ordered my seeds online off singleseedcenter ill post the pics . of the details it provides on there website.
    And i just added a mini heater to the grow tent to help with the cold temps.

7. Northern lights x AK47, both are pretty good producers given the right size before flip into 12/12. id let it get at least 3 feet and top the hell out of her before getting into flower. make a monster bush out of her.

8. I want to scrog my 4 plants that ill be keeping indoors which are the feminised blue kush , blue widow , purple trainwreck , and nordic kalashnikov.
    I also put some og kush seeds in the tent which i got from an og kush clone i had outdoor last year . Ill be leaving the Ogs in the tent until late feb. Then throwing them outdoors into 30 gallon smart pots with general hydroponics flora nova nutes. And fox farm ocean forest soil.
    And i plan on doing a 2 month veg. Maybe longer or shorter depending on how big the plants get and how tight it gets in the tent

9. whats going to be your location for outdoor? is it a south facing location? that will give you full sun if you have no trees from rise to set.
    Scrogging is by far my favorite way to do the do. bottom lane.jpg
    cough prechop.jpg 14482089_1094041044005446_7126833740436733952_n.jpg
    These were 30 gals and honestly i wish i did hundreds. Still multi pound yielder though. all organic.

10. The sun rises from the southeast not sure where it sets but i know it travels southwest as is drifts away and then slowly dissapears .
    And i do have a large tree that blocks off some light towards the end of the day but im still able to get a decent amount of light .
    How impressed were you with the 30 gals? And how many toppings did you do on each plant ? Also what would you say your average yield was off each plant using those 30 gal.

11. I pulled about 1.5 -2 lbs per plant. but they were also good producers with great background genetics. Honestly i love them, but i would go bigger if i could and i do plan to. Its nice have a large amount of clean soil for your plant to flourish and build mass in and then to know it grows right through the pot and into the ground for even more growth up top. its all too cool. I topped my plant 2-3 times, then kind of fold her over before she scrogs, then i apply two -three layers of netting as needed.

12. Lol so the roots went right through your 30 gallon smart pots ? Lol
    Also have u tried growing in the ground just regular dirt ? If u have what was the size comparison between the 30 gallons and the ones in dirt ?
    Becuase i have a friend that grew outdoor this year right in his back yard using regular dirt and he just fed his plants water from the hose and used general hydroponics flora nova nutes and let me tell you he grew some monster plants maybe 2lb plants and the quality was dank it was shop quality in my eyes

13. Yeah they did, and fat roots too, easily a quarter inch thick, just tore right through them.

I have done soil grows, but out here in oregon, we have a motto, and that is "last to flower, first to mold."
    We stay decently dry through the summer, few good showers and a couple sprinkles, but once october rolls around, or croptober if you will, cold air, high humidity and tons of wind and rain come rolling through like clock work. ive seen 6-7-8ft monster, talking absolutely gorgeous fat multi pound plants just completely mold out due to all the elements. i like cloth pots because if you do feel you need to bring them in, you can rip the ground roots, still have your healthy main root zone in the bag and bring her in.

when your in the ground, your stuck

14. Damn croptober must suck .
    So you dont grow in soil ? Just regular dirt in your 30 gallons?

• Like Like x 1
  15. soil is regular dirt my dude. my dirt is just fancy and hella boosted with beneficial microbes that naturally ocure when growing in the ground. I also add amendments like bone meal, feather meal, perlite, peat moss, compost, worm castings, biochar, etc etc. Theres even soil from outside mixed in to give my plants the local microbe boost.

I prefer to build my soils and know whats in them over buy bags of this or that in store. not to knock a lot of soil distributors but i just trust myself more.

16. Here are some pics. Of my friends plants i was telling you about id say they were 6-8ft tall plants and they were grown in regular dirt just getting fed water from the hose and general hydroponics flora nova nutes

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. glacial rock dust too for all my micro nutrient needs

18. regular dirt, on a microscopic level, has a ton going on in it that your plant thrives from.

19. they look good. both the veg and flower states look well taken care of