Grow Tents

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CeeLoGreen, Oct 14, 2013.

1. When picking out a grow tent what should I look for? I was thinking about buying one off of eBay because of how cheap they are. Is that a corner worth cutting?

2. There seems to be mainly 2 prevailing brands in tents that most seem to use. Secret Jardin (the dark room series is really popular) and Budda

Don't cut corners on a tent. You want sturdy stuff cause its gonna be housing your precious babies. Cheaper tents will have seam issues, weak corners, poor duct work, less ports and passive intakes, etc...

I paid ~150 for my 36x36x72 Secret Jardin Dark Room DR90 and love it

3. What site did you get it for $150 from?? I'm dead set on getting the dr90 and I'm looking for the cheapest site to order it from.

Inhale the good shit
    Exhale the bullshit

4. I'm got mine from good old amazon.com

5. I built my own from PVC from Lowes and some of this, Ebay Item #120926245135, Mylar grow room liner hydroponic reflective mirror film and it cost me way less than $100.  It isn't fancy but it works very well.  I've used it for 4 or 5 grows without problems.
    \t 

6. I just looked, it was just about 175 with shipping so I was off by a little

7. I'm currently using an aviditi tent, 20*36*60, it was less than $100 and is sturdy and has not disappointed me once

8. I would recomend staying away from cheap ebay and amazon tents. Most often they use plastic connectors for the corners and roof supports. Its a common problem for the plastic roof supports to break.

I bought one of the cheap led wholesellers tents on amazon. Six months later the roof support snapped while i was at work. My filter landed on my plants and the hps just about hit the ground as well.

Secret jardin, sun hut, hydro hut, and agromax are all decent. After my cheap tent broke i got an agromax, and have been using it about two years.

9. The tent he got from Amazon was a secret jardin. Its not like they sell their own brand....while there may be some no name brands on amazon, they sell for other clients and you can find great prices on name brands there by choosing between different sellers.

I would avoid the cheapies too but it sure as hell didn't stop me from scoring another tent from Jardin on amazon, and with free shipping to boot.

10. The question is....why did you go to Amazon where you can find quality tents and then cheap out with a shitty no name product?

11. If you didnt notice, i said to stay away from CHEAP ebay and amazon tents, not that you shouldnt buy a tent from amazon. I thought anyone who had been to those sites would have the common sense to know they offer a variety of products, evidently i shouldnt have taken that for granted.

I bought the cheap one because A. Some people, even here at gc have recomended the tents and B. like many newbs i tried to save a few bucks. I was on a budget and opted for a cheaper tent, so i could afford better lighting. Ive since learned you do get what you pay for, thus the recomendation to avoid cheap tents.

12. #12 GreenLoveMM, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    I got an Agromax from HTG Supply, and have no complaints. Unfortunately, I had to dismantle it soon after attempting my first grow and move out of state. During that move, because things were packed too tight, some of the tent was torn. But that was my fault. I have patched up what I can with guerrilla tape and restarted my grow, we'll see how that effects pressurization, temps, and humidity...

Agro tent is very well made, came with clear instructions and the HTG site was good for support and seeing excatly what it is you get. I like to go cheap on things, but the tent should be the last thing you'd want to go low on, I would think. Imagine a catastrophe if gear hanging from the top were to fall over. Here is the model I went with. 

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-Grow-Tent---Size-Original-39-x-39-x79---Silver-Lined