Grow tent temps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kooiker4prez, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Hey I am a legal Michigan grower. I have a 5'5 grow tent that is well ventilated and has co2 hook into it. The temps run kinda high in it. The tent runs around 86 during the day and 74 at night. I know it's high during the day. I have it in the basement but don't have air conditioning down there. Any ideas how to lower the temp without ac? Thanks

2. hey something you could do is bring in cooler air from the basement and have it pass thru the lights then exhaust that hot air out of the tent..this could be accomplished with an inline fan and ductwork. you can also run thew lights on during the night and it will be cheaper on your electricity bill and cooler in your basement at that time. good luck!

3. I agree. Ducting would help in this situation. I'd try to lower day temp to around 75 and night temp to about 70.

4. Thank u for answering. I am pulling colder air in. I think it will settle down once it's not 100 degrees outside here in Michigan. I think the plants I have are doing sweet so I hope the heat don't mess them up to bad.

5. You say you are supplementing CO2 right? If you are then temps are good at 86. More CO2 can help plants sustain the higher temps.

6. Yeah, but higher temps may lead to fluffy buds...
    I would keep temps to 75-70.

7. #7 bosey, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Very true.

8. I am going to attach a pic then u guys tell me what u think.. I think they are doing well. I got the temp down to 83 today. The pics are three days old. I have three weeks until I start the flush. Thanks guys

Attached Files: