Grow tent setup help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dac420, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Okay I have a few questions for you guys, so im getting a 5x5 gorilla grow tent and I am wondering 1.how many plants would you recommend for this space I havent decided on a light yet either a 600w or 1000w hps. Im thinking between 6-12 plants and my main question is I dont fully understand the ventilation yet, I know I need a fan+filter to pull air out but do I also need a fan to push air in at the bottom to ? And with a air cooled hood is that all going to be one big piece of ducting or seperate ,like going from the bottom through the hood out the top or two seperate ducts one for hood and one for the whole tent? Thanks guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. hi mate, as no 1 is answering i'll give my opinion, i would do 10 plants in that area i'd use 2 600w lights in cooltubes, 8 inch extraction (ruck)8 inch filter (rhino) and 5 inch intake. in this order- carbon filter> fan> ducting>cooltube>ducting>cooltube>ducting out through top. only a small bit of ducting between the fan and cooltubes, try and keep it as straight as possible, then the 5" drawing cool air in at the bottom, also some oscillating fans. that's just my opinion tho.