grow tent setup / help, need advice please!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by purple4, May 3, 2010.

1. I have a grow tent and a 6 inch 455cfm fan. I plan to push air in at the bottom and leave my top part of the door open to let air out. I'm doing this because I don't want any negative pressure and it just works better for my setup. Is this fine? Any problems with this? My tent is 4 x 3 ft and I run a 600 watt hps w/digital ballast, also have fan controller. Will this keep my room cool? It will be fresh air from the outside. Thanks!

2. depends on how hot it is outside. also seems you wont be able to keep odor in with the tent under positive pressure. but assuming that's not a problem, and you live some where reasonably cool, I dont see why it would not work, but that's just IMO, I don't have any personal experiences or data.

3. I agree with Havethis the odor immediately stood out as a problem before I even finished reading your post. I haven't grown in a tent but that big of a fan I would cool a hood at least 600W for that size fan and use it to vent the tent also. Really though you could do 400-1000W with that fan pretty easily I would think. If you dont have an aircooled hood I suggest the Super Sun 2 I purchased 2 of them after having 4" hoods and I am so so happy I did.

4. So, you plan to use the fan to pressurize the tent and vent out a partially open door? You will need to be sucking in some cool air or it will get hot fast. Gonna be tough if you vent out the door into the room.

Have you run the light with it like this to check temps? You may need to consider a vented hood and ducting. And even a/c

Carbon filters will be needed if it gets stinky!

5. I'm not worried about smell. I'm pushing cold air from outside into the bottom and the other air is just pushed out the top. I tested today and it stayed around 80 degrees tops. i think. Will the be fine? I have a small fan blowing at the bulb also.