Grow Tent Set-Up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jameslop, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Interested in this as well. How much is that in total?

2. Don't forget circulation fans.
    2-4 depending on size.
    Some at soil height to help mold, and some at foliage height to blow the leaves.
    That fan is pretty loud, keep that in mind.
    Is this going inside a bedroom? Basement?
    The filter is not even needed for a while, but a good thought.

My first tent experience has taught me that circulation is mucho important!
    I am still wishing I had another fan.
    Good Luck!

3. pH kit, an exhaust fan and a carbon filter

4. In my personal experience the inline duct booster fans are too weak.the tent your buying is within two inches of the one i just built.i tried those fans at first one high one low,then i tried hooking it direcly to hood, basically after heat stressing my babies i had to break down and get a 4 inch inline hurricane fan,you would need three or four for a tent that size so it is actually cheaper to get one good one intead of cutting in three or four weak ones.not sure if you have construction experience, but you can build that tent for around 80 bucks in lumber, and panda film.build frame wrap panda around frame seal with white duct tape, save hundreds.use saving on inline fan.

5. never mind just looked at tent your buying and thats a great buy. probably could have saved myself some time.I was under the impression they were quite pricy.

6. I would have to agree with galactus.

I originally bought a 10" duct fan like that.
    It was loud and not nearly as effective as the hurricane style fans.
    I ended up with 2 4" hurricane style, and those sometimes don't do enough.
    I run 1 fan full speed through the hood, and the other is hooked up to a speed control, but off most of the time.

Again, can't stress the circulation fans enough!!!

7. That digital ballast will put off rf interference and knock out everyones cable around you so might want a magnetic if you arent out in the country

8. Get the hydro farm active air 6" inline fan 440cfm for $89 on amazon

9. I agree this would be your best bet.hmbab200 is correct as well, because my 4 inch still needs two regular circulating fans to help it,plus i had to add two 90 cfm square computer tower fans modified to fit a dryer vent pulling in cold air from my garage.

10. What do you mean? Any recommendations?

11. It will be inside of my bedroom but, in sort of my study area through a door way.

12. This set up-with no carbon filter is a little over $300.

13. Not really just finding out about this..lots of people are having problems with digital ballasts and rf noise..you can google it to find out more if u want

14. Thanks. I read up on it and it seems you can either buy a mesh for the ballast itself or a Ferrite Clamp to eliminate RF noise.

15. I am currently using a tent setup and yours is eerily similar. I would link you to my journal but its in the paid member forums.

Everything looks good except you might want to look on ebay for the MTG 440 cfm fan and filter combo.. i think i paid 120 shipped and thats 6" (bid an auction out, don't receive do buy it now). Youll want the extra CFM to keep the heat low if you plan on doing MH for veg and HPS for you flower.. my MH 600w seems to run pretty hot.

Other than that grab some smart pots and a fan controller. These fans tend to be loud and its nice to be able to crank it down.

Good luck with the grow. How many plants are you going to do with this setup? I am running 6 and its cake. I have two 225w LEDs for side lighting, you might want to look into that or CFLs for some side light.

I dont know if i saw timers and power strips on your list. Ratchet ropes for hangers too. You also will want to look into a PH pen and some PH up or down bases upon your water.

16. I have zero issues with my digital ballast and i live in town

17. Well i guess if you have newer cable thats shielded it wont do anything but i did the am radio test and it does put off interference which can go through your cable and mess up everyone around you's shit