Grow Tent set, 3 questions in one thread.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DEEDEER, May 21, 2011.

1. Hey all, long time reader, first time poster and I have a few questions:

First of all I'm interested in purchasing a :Greentrees Hydroponics - Multi Flow 12 Pot System - With Hydroton, and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this product in a grow huts style tent, and what size it fit in best,
    because I did the math with wolfram alpha that says a 9" bucket is around .4' sq and that times 12 since there are 12 buckets = 5.3016

So at bare minimum I would need one tent that is at least 6'x6'?
    I of course wanted to go bigger, but then i remembered bigger isnt always better due to cost restrictions.
    So im thinking as someone who is new how big of a tent/hut do I need? to fit this system into it?
    Secondly lighting and growth cycles and lighting again...
    Ok, for lighting I initially estimated that a 7x7' space would use one 1kw lamp for optimal lumens, and growth, and that would be suffecient. Is that one light gonna do it for these plants in that 6x6' box

Seeding question
    From what I understand, seeding and sprouting only require
    A small tray with a possible dome for warmth, and a 400 watt, mh or 3 cold and 1 warm florescents, is this true, or am i wrong and do I also need a private tent for the sprouts ??? ps the box is 44" by 24" by 7"?

Okay I hope this makes some bit of sense as Im tired, and my allergies are killing me. But thank you all who answer and who have experience with this bucket system

2. I run a 12 site system in a 4x8 tent...

Incorrect...
    You want at least 50w per sq ft..
    So a 7x7 tent would need 2450 watts..

I light my 4x8 tent with three 600w lamps (56.2 watts per sq ft)..

When I start seeds, I put the seeds in a wet paper towel between two plates and set it on top of my cable box... I get 100% success rate...

Once the seeds crack and I get a good tap root, I put them into 1" Sure to Grow cube (I used to use rockwool), and put them under a 2 bulb florescent lamp for a week.. After the week, I usually have at least the tap root coming out bottom of the 1" cube, and at that point I put in the hydroton...

3. Wow, Thanks for decoding my message and providing such clear advice.

Im going to continue to redesign and reprice my set up. and thanks for clearing up cloning a bit more for me.

4. I use a "DIY EZ-Cloner", very simple to make and I get about a 90% success rate, so for every 10 clones, I may lose 1.. Cost me maybe 35 bucks to make.. The most expensive part is the pump, and I use a 290 GPH...

Just go to Google videos and search "DIY EZ-Cloner"...

Good luck... :smoke: