Grow Tent, Rubbermaid Box, or Dresser Grow Box?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alexburnsred, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Hello,

I've been doing a lot of reading through this site trying to get as much information as I can, but I still can't decide whether or not I want to do a grow box in a dresser, rubbermaid box, or tent.

Next year, I'll be moving into my apartment, so it has to be able to fit in my closet...other than that, no requirements...I was leaning towards a dresser type, just because it seems a little nicer, but a grow tent seems easier, although more expensive. And then, a rubber maid box would be cheaper, but harder to fit a carbon scrubber and fan into...

Anyway, I'm totally new to this and am very anxious and excited to start my first grow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What are your ideas/experiences on this situation?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. I almost forgot!

Would a grow box similar to this (http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...alth-rubbermaid-setup-being-put-together.html) be tall enough for Northern Lights, Big Bud, Bubblegum, or Afghan Mazar? Those are the types of seeds that I have... I only plan on growing about two plants at a time.

Also, what about cloning and the cycles and all that? If I want to have a continuous flow of marijuana ready to be harvested, what is the best option?

Thanks,
    Alex

3. i currently have the "Original Growtent" from HTG Supply and it is awesome. I think the measurements are 25L x 36W x 64H. I am using a 400 watt HPS and have 2 6" inline fans. It is very easy to setup, offers complete darkness and also has plenty of vents for airflow and cords. My last grow was 2 bubblegum plants and it worked out fine. Happy Growing!

4. I'm moving into my apartment next month and am planning on using the growtent from HTG supply as well.

If you are a DIYer then obviously the growtent is far more expensive, but i prefer to not take much risk, especially when dealing with something illegal. Cant have the landlord find out about it so I think the growtent is best stealthwise.

5. Awesome, thanks for the help guys...Does this look worth it? It's on sale for like 1/2 price..

High Tech Garden Supply

6. Actually, I'm looking at this one now, seems like a decent deal... High Tech Garden Supply

I'm going to wait til my next paycheck to order it though, so if it's not as good as it seems, let me know haha

Thanks again,
    Alex

7. Go for the taller one, mother tent will not be good for flowering unless you train the heck out of it, and even then it will be tight. High Tech Garden Supply <- I like the idea of these because they are pretty much all in one.

8. Yeah, what do you guys think of the all-in-one grow kit (link in QUOTE)? I ask because I am getting a bonus soon at work and it is between something like this or the extreme vaporizer :) ... Anyways, this would be my first time as well and i like the thought of just getting everything in one, so i can kind of speed things up and get all the hardware out of the way at the beginning of my first grow...

... I like easy, and i will have a few extra dollars to blow to accomplish "easy", so what do you think?

-thanks, M

9. 8 foot long 2x4's are less than 2 bucks each at Lowe's or Home Depot. I built my own box frame from 2x4's and just covered the outside with mylar from HTG. Not as fancy, but it was 25 bucks all told. 3ft x4ft x 4ft high. Plenty big enough for 2 plants if you LST.

If you look at this pic, three plants COMPLETELY fill the box now LOL (it's sort of hidden in the basement, that's why its surrounded by boxes and an old mattress)

[​IMG]

10. what are the thoughts on this all in one setup? it looks convienant to a newbie...but are the supplies you get quality?